Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. jdgohus

New v3.0 Build Available

Yesterday morning while connected to my home WiFi, I searched for upgrade and it immediately started the download. I let it go the rest of the day parked in the garage and not running and when leaving to go out to dinner that evening and when I started the Explorer it had finished the upgrade.
  2. jdgohus

New v3.0 Build Available

My Sync 3 also upgraded to build 19205 PRODUCT today via WiFi update.
  3. jdgohus

2019 Ambient Lighting Locations

I noticed this just the other day on my 2018 Platinum that their is no light on the lower front doors and I did have the lights on my 2016 Sport. Did you also notice that the lights in the cup holders have been moved to the bottom of the holders now?
  4. jdgohus

ford pass location

What's the fix for when setting up the FordPass app on an iPhone X and selecting United States for the location and it sets it up for Canada? I'm running the latest version 2.6.0 of the app and I have removed and re-installed the app several times and it still sets the location to Canada. I have...
  5. jdgohus

SYNC 3 latest version

Yes, Release 3.0.14 - Only for Nav/NA assemblies. 3.0.18093_Product. Did mine via USB and took 15 minutes. Not sure what it fixed but all is working great.
  6. jdgohus

My New 2018 Explorer Platinum

I also love the new 2018 rims. The standard platinum rims would be way harder to clean.
  7. jdgohus

My New 2018 Explorer Platinum

Just traded in my 2016 Sport for this beauty. Couldn't pass up the 0% for 72 and $1000.00 cash back.
  8. jdgohus

SYNC 3 latest version

Warscha, Can you tell us the full software version that your Sync 3 3.0 came with on your 18 Platinum? Thanks,
  9. jdgohus

Upgrading from MFT/Sync 2 to Sync 3

Also on that page, make sure you watch their install videos. There is one for installing Sync 3 and one for swapping out the USB module which you will need to do if you will be using Apple CarPlay.
  10. jdgohus

Upgrading from MFT/Sync 2 to Sync 3

HDJulie, I see that you have a 2016 Explorer, this is the correct link for their 16 Explorer upgrade kit as the 16 only has 1 USB port on the USB module. https://www.4dtech.com/16-ford-explorer-sync-3-upgrade-for-myford-touch/
  11. jdgohus

SYNC 3 in a 2016 Explorer

After I did my upgrade, the compass bounced back and forth until I drive the Explorer around for a few miles then it stopped and is working perfect now without disconnecting the stock GPS. Everything is working perfect with Sync 3 and I love Apple CarPlay.
  12. jdgohus

SYNC 3 in a 2016 Explorer

Where exactly do you disconnect the stock GPS module? Thanks,
  13. jdgohus

How to turn lights off when idling

I have found that if you only want the signature lamps on during the day, you must have DRL disabled and have your lamp switch set to OFF. If you have DRL enabled and in drive, the LED low beams will also come on with the signature lamps.
  14. jdgohus

2016 Sport tires

My 16 Sport came with Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2
  15. jdgohus

2016 Sport Arrived!

Very Nice!! Enjoy your new Sport and I thank you for your service!!!
  16. jdgohus

Platinum

I came across this video of the Platinum with the ebony black interior. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=2016+ford+explorer+platinum&&view=detail&mid=C315D325B2016E00FA01C315D325B2016E00FA01&FORM=VRDGAR
  17. jdgohus

2016 Explorer LED Fog Lights option??

Sorry for the late reply but yes these lights do fit the 2016. I haven't had any issues with them since I installed them. The Amazon site even shows a picture of a 2016 Explorer.
  18. jdgohus

2016 Ex Water in Tail Lights

Yep, as stated in the owners manual on page 80 Examples of unacceptable condensation are: • A water puddle inside the lamp. • Streaks, drip marks or large droplets present on the interior of the lens. If you see any unacceptable condensation, have your vehicle checked by an authorized...
  19. jdgohus

2016 Ex Water in Tail Lights

I just washed my Sport and I have some condensation in that area but no water droplets like in your photo. See PIC
  20. jdgohus

New owners!

Yes it does
  21. jdgohus

2016 Explorer - Dimming in instrument cluster on start up

I also see this "DIMMING" at every startup. I think it has something to do with the cluster lights or daytime running lights. I couldn't find anything in the manual about it.
  22. jdgohus

New owners!

I know I've seem that EX somewhere, looks like mine! I hope you enjoy your Sport like I have enjoyed mine. So far I have had NO problems with it. Mine came with the ugly amber fog lights and I swapped them out for LED bulbs. I also swapped out the puddle and license plate bulbs with LED. I don't...
  23. jdgohus

New Member - 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum

Very Nice!! I like the added EXPLORER letters on the hood. Enjoy it as I really have been enjoying mine and I do get allot of looks as I drive down the road. The other day while waiting at a traffic light, some guy gave me a thumbs up. :thumbsup:
  24. jdgohus

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

I've got 1500 on my 2016 Sport now and I haven't yet smelled anything like what others are complaining about and I've been a little hard on it a few times checking out the twin turbo's. The only time I smell exhaust is when a old piece of junk clunker with muffler issues gets in front of me and...
  25. jdgohus

2016 Explorer LED Fog Lights option??

Thanks Britta-S for the LED Fog lamp suggestion. I finally got around to installing these JDM-ASTER lamps and they look great. I hated the amber look with the factory lamps. Have you had any issues with the new lamps since you have installed them? They seem to be pretty well made and really a...
Back