Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

General Questions about 2010 Ford Explorer

Guess I'll jump in and monitor this thread... Had a 96 XLT that I sold in 2014 and looking to jump back in with a 2010 Limited with 120-150k miles
  2. B

need location of O2 sensor

Alright, that'll be my project in the morning. Thanks a lot for your help.
  3. B

I said I would fix it, not knowing exactly what I would be doing. lol Would I need to remove the tire to access the sensor? How do I clean the connector and/or fix damaged wiring?
  4. B

Thanks. I'll look into fixing that.
  5. B

Yeah. I got code P0141 (Heated oxygen sensor-Bank 1 Sensor 2)
  6. B

Merry Christmas fellow posters. I have this same issue on my 96 V6, I accidentally replaced Bank 2, Sensor One last week so I have to replace B1, S2 to hopefully clear my check engine light and the emission test. A couple of questions. Is it tough to get to to this o2 sensor? Do I need to...
  7. B

Take a look at my tint

That looks nice! :thumbsup: That's how I imagined mine would like. You see how that turned out. :mad:
  8. B

Take a look at my tint

I figured bumping this thread was better than making a new one, but I'm agreeing with Rich now. This mismatch looks like crap and I can't stand it anymore. I'm thinking about getting the front re-done and a new tint applied. So, I should ask for bronze tint at 20 percent?
  9. B

Take a look at my tint

When darkness falls, all worries of mismatch tint disappear....
  10. B

Take a look at my tint

No. That's the one with the aftermarket tint. 32% is the darkest.
  11. B

Take a look at my tint

That's what I wanted to do with mine, but the guy at the shop assured me it would match, which it does (percentage wise). It's over and done and I have other things to handle so I'll have to roll with the tint as it is now.
  12. B

Take a look at my tint

Ok. That's exactly what I figured. Next up: Get the motor on the driver side window fixed so I won't have to use the "suction cup" to roll it up and down.
  13. B

Take a look at my tint

I'm glad to see the picture of your Explorer because, I've been looking at tints on other vehicles, like damn why does mine look all mismatched! lol But, I'll get used to it eventually and I'll be able to tell people IT IS matched when they try to tell me otherwise.
  14. B

Take a look at my tint

I got my windows tinted on Monday. I told the guy to get it close as possible to the factory mirror tint. From afar it looks mismatched, but from angles and up close it looks like it matches. It'll take a while for me to get used to it, but I'd thought I show it to you guys here and get your...
  15. B

Tire choices ?

Just over $300 due to them adding $40 in roadhazard protection. Just let them know you don't want the extra stuff. And they'll also try to get you buy adding new stem caps ($2/per stem). So just tell them you don't want the extras, and your total will be around $290.
  16. B

Tire choices ?

I just bought new tires on my 96 XLT. 235-75-15, Goodyear Wranglers $70/tire at Wal-Mart.
  17. B

My truck wont start....help

This sounds like the same problem I had. It could be as simple as a relay, just switch a relay around and see if your truck starts.
  18. B

3rd Gen Ex or 2nd Gen Mounty

Well, I don't 4x4. But, you do make a good point about driving people around...not unless they're shelling out money for gas. :D I am a big fella, 6'3". I've never been a fan of being low to the ground.
  19. B

3rd Gen Ex or 2nd Gen Mounty

I'm in a quandry right now. I just graduated high school last Sunday and I plan on leaving Atlanta to go to North Carolina the fall for college. I have a 1996 Ex XLT which is my first vehicle. I've worked on it with my on hands, been embarrassed in it when it broke down, and I've been proud of...
  20. B

Nostalgia

Hmm...I was 5 when that ad came out too, but I don't remember it. That puzzles me, because I knew more about cars than some adults did at that age. Well, I did always like foreign cars more than American cars.
  21. B

I'm having some trouble

Yeah it is making a whining sound.
  22. B

I'm having some trouble

Well, my 96 Ex is my first car, so I'm figuring out how vehicles work and the problems that come with an older vehicle. I'm no master mechanic, but I've hearing some noises from under the hood the past few days and a couple of times the truck wouldn't start at all. Last time I heard similar...
  23. B

For almost hs grad... what do you think?

Of course! I'm thinking about walking on the basketball team in college in the fall.
  24. B

For almost hs grad... what do you think?

The Ex is fine for me. I'm 6'3 with a size 13 shoe, getting in and out is easy. I hate driving cars! I have to put my head in first then slide my body in. LOL
Back