Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Y

Toasted Clutch, need suggestions on replacement

Thanks SV, with your gears and tires, you know exactly what I am doing to go through excessive snow!
  2. Y

You're right...but I know you are right about the hard driving, but the way I have to push the truck while driving in sometimes 1-2 feet of snow in and out of fields, I was looking for any advice or infomation on performance clutch etc. Luk had produced their Pro Gold line, but discontinued...
  3. Y

Bump - No Opinions?? Replace everything?? What brand, i've seen some say OEM Slave, but I have also heard all the "main" non china brands are made from same company (German design patent?) Can I do anything to keep from frying my clutch and still offroad hard??
  4. Y

Well, I toasted my clutch in my '92 Ex - 5 speed manual this past weekend while hunting/offroading in the snow. I had smelled hot clutch for a couple of weekends before (used only on weekends for hunting), but no slippage until this past weekend. I have done nothing to upgrade the OEM parts...
  5. Y

wont go in 4 low

Do a search for "shift motor" Guys, if you search "shift motor" you will find all kinds of info from problem solving to re-building (recommended) of the "Shift Motor", sometimes called the Transfer Case Motor. I did this recently and fixed my situation!
  6. Y

Spring sale! 20 Explorers for parts!!!

1st Gen Transfer Case Motor (Shift Motor) Do you have a 1st Gen Transfer Case Motor (shift motor) that you can sell & ship to zip 68137 for less than $40.00? I've seen some come up for $30 + approx $10 for shipping on the forum previously. Thanks Jason
  7. Y

What size tires for 3" Lift?

craigslist / Ebay you might keep your eye out on craigslist or ebay. With patience and if you want to take the time you may be lucky like I was and find a "deal" on a lift. I found a 4" Rough Country lift through Craigslist. I would also look for the wheels on craiglist. Tires I recommend...
  8. Y

1999 Taurus - V6 DOHC (3.0L) 24Valve

PLEASE HELP! My problem is the battery will not charge. I checked the battery - tested good. So I replaced the alternator (hard to get to) and used a salvage yard alternator. Once the old was off, I tested it and it also tested good. I read about the "mega fuse" - 175A fuse mounted on the...
  9. Y

T-case 1354, toast? Locked 4 lo

Stuck in 4 Lo also Guys, Just today, when out hunting, I also have gotten stuck in 4 Lo. I have read some threads on hear tonight trying to figure it out and have a few additional questions. I have a 92 ex. It is a manual transmission and push button (electric) shift (I think that is...
  10. Y

Fuel Gauge Frustration

Hey guys, I'm looking for help. I recently tackled trying to replace the "float" on my 92 Ex due to my fuel gauge not working. After my cousin and I were fighting the fuel line disconnects, I noticed we created a small pin hole in the solid line on the sending unit...so, I ended up replacing...
  11. Y

how high can you lift before...

FourO - I did it all at once. From reading on here, I planned for at least 5.5" of lift with the SOA in the rear, so I got the 4" rough country lift kit for the front and added the coil seats. I was happy to see that it came out as planned and level. I've driven it now for about a month...
  12. Y

Lagest tire with 3.73s and auto 92 Ex.

I am running 33 x 12.50 on 15 x 8's, but the shop accidentally mounted them originally on my stock wheels and they mounted fine. I also have 3.73, but have a manual trans...running fine so far.:thumbsup:
  13. Y

93 explorer limited just purchased, gas gauge not working

Don't need to Drop the Tank!! Check out this post, they give details on making an "access panel" through the floor board so you dont have to drop the tank. I have the same problem as you, and am going to do this this coming week. Here is the link ...
  14. Y

i want to represent "explorerforum.com" in a basic way

just posting for future reference
  15. Y

how high can you lift before...

Rough Country 4in, f-150 coil seats and SOA I just did a SOA in the rear, and put a Rough Country 4in lift with f-150 spring seats in the front. I found the slightly used lift online at Craigs List for $250, and purchased the coil seats here at the explorer website. My vehicle sits level and...
  16. Y

4.56 gears

Eric Auto Parts - EX Forum Sponsor Send Eric an email and he will work with you. His email is ericautoparts@AOL.com. You can also search the website for more information about gears from him. I recommend him because I emailed him about some gears and he told me to hold off until I completed...
  17. Y

rear shock mounts HELP!

Spring Over Axle Conversion I just did a SOA today, and I used shocks designed for 4-6" lift. We mounted them in the bottom holes that the rear stabilizer used to be in (not there anymore!!). I dont have any pics, but if you do a search for SOA, you will find pics of a couple of different...
  18. Y

Lift Companies

Thanks guys, I really apreciate the info for a new guy trying to get the best set-up the 1st time (best for reasonable $, had a shop quote me $1800 for a kit today...without labor:eek:)
  19. Y

Lift Companies

davey- If your offering to build it free of charge, then I might consider. If not, well then.... I'm pretty good with a wrench, but do not have all the other fabrication tools at my disposal nor the engineering experience to try. My time is more valuable than trying to get this figured out...
  20. Y

Lift Companies

91 - Can you explain to me where you had to add the 1" spacer too? I also saw the "add-on" leaf pack that goes with the kit from E-bay, I might go that way, but like the idea of an almost free SOA. Do you have any picks of your explorer with the 4" Rough Country installed? any pick of the...
  21. Y

Lift Companies

Mark- If I am able to ask the dealer if the drop brackets are the same as in the 6" kit, then I would most likely have the room for the extra (f-150 seat). Right?, but if they are the same as a 2" or 3" kit then I would not have enough adjustment?
  22. Y

Lift Companies

What did you do in the rear? SOA?
  23. Y

Lift Companies

Mark - I had thought about the f-150 coil spring seats when you said 5.5 - 6" for the SOA in the earlier post. So, it sounds like it would be "ok" to put a spring seat under a lift?
  24. Y

Lift Companies

Would an Spring Over Axle conversion in the rear work with a 4" suspension lift in the front? Here's what I'm thinking...I could purchase the Rough Country lift, put it on up front, then just do a SOA and not add any of the rear parts from the lift kit.
Back