Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Heat blows cold air when stopped

Seems like low coolant is the biggest problem. The next item will be the thermostat which was replaced before - which needed to be replaced only 3 or 4 years after the vehicle was built.
  2. J

BTW, when I changed the blower - it was full of acorns LOL - how the heck did they get in there?? LOL
  3. J

I have exact same problem (posted a couple weeks ago here). My coolant was low and filled it up. It is better but still seems to be an issue. Also replaced the blower and the fan resistor.
  4. J

No heat when stationary at idle

Blower is working fine.
  5. J

On other item, I can turn down the heat using the heat knob while moving to lower the temp if too hot, so it seems that the blend door does move at least partially
  6. J

So have 05 explorer 4.0L 4x4 also with rear ac/heat. Problem is no heat when not moving. The core gets HOT. While I was low on coolant, I topped it off and same issue. Lots of heat while driving, but come to a stop and starts to cool off . Seems like outside air is "pushing" through the...
  7. J

Blowing cold air at idle

So, I was low on coolant - was at bottom of overflow tank. So topped it off. Let it run till hot. Hot off Tstat and hot off line into core. Cool coming out of core, so heat is getting in. Not really warming up much in car. Still think it is blend door. Took it for a spin. Nice heat...
  8. J

Blowing cold air at idle

Hmmmm, I have same problem with my 05 Explorer. No heat when idling and stationary ie not moving, but once warmed up AND moving - we get heat. When hot, and the go to a parking lot and stop, then it cools back off and no heat till moving again. Very odd. 1st thought it was the blend door...
  9. J

A/C Compressor Clutch Noise

OK, of course. I will top it off tomorrow with a fill kit.
  10. J

Neutral Tow Kit - V6 YES, V8 NO ???

I've got a lot of towing time and miles now on our 05 Explorer 4 down. Overall it tows pretty nice and tracks well. Towing does wear the tires more than expected, and for next 4 down, will be looking for a lighter vehicle.
  11. J

A/C Compressor Clutch Noise

The AC unit on our 05 4.0L 4x4 XLT just started this pretty loud clicking sound when engaged (e.g. loud when look right at it, but can also hear it in the car with the windows down). The frequency seems to be timed to about each rotation of the AC clutch. When off, the click stops. Is the...
  12. J

Neutral Tow Kit - V6 YES, V8 NO ???

I'm getting ready to install. I purchased the kit from Ford parts and have to take it in to a dealer to install. The instructions given with the kit are simple and I would do it myself. However, you have to program the vehicle computer to activate the switch. I don't have a way to change the...
Back