Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

02 4.0 transfer case problem? Tranny?

Love this forum, it's helped me do lots of jobs on our 02 4.0. Now I have to post because I've not found an answer by searching. Have a weird issue with it. It seems to be hunting around under hard acceleration, at first I thought it was the tranny, but I tested it tonight and it does not...
  2. M

How to: How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

I hate doing these, did the drivers side with the aide of this thread about a year ago, doing the passenger side now. Just an FYI to those of you with access to a NAPA, the "Premium" hub they carry has Timiken bearings and appears identical to the part I got from Ford a year ago, book is $229...
  3. M

P0133 Oxygen Sensor code just appeared

totally stock, just turned 100K miles and just returned from a long trip, drove it about 500 miles in the past week, that's a lot for her, and got gas at a place in OCMD that I'm not familiar with, then drove back 220 miles yesterday, got the code this morning, any chance it's the gas? Thinking...
  4. M

wheel bearing caise brake wear?

We have an 02 Explorer EB 4.0. Noticed the driver side wheel was getting more brake dust than the passenger side, pulled the wheel off, pads are really low. At first I was thinking the caliper might have been seized, but after searching some I think it may be the wheel bearing, anyone...
  5. M

"Door Ajar"

THIS THREAD RULES! I know all about the WD40 on the doors but last week my keypad lock function stopped working and the lights stayed on for the 10 minutes with no door ajar message. After searching on here I found my culprit, it was a balck wire that had broken inside the driver door harness...
  6. M

need help, 06 OEM Headunit into 02 EB

will a newer Ford OEM Headunit with the 6 disc MP3 go into an 02, meaning, will it plug right in? thanks in advance for any help
  7. M

Painting Plastic Trims, how did they hold up

Another dealer just quoted me $65.77(drive front) $48.08 (pass front) $51.48x2(rear doors) and $70.20x2 for the rears. $357.21 plus tax. That's why I'm painting them.....
  8. M

I called one of the larger dealers in my area and was quoted $52 a piece for the trims on the doors and $48 and $72 for the one's on the rear, so that would be $334 worth of trim panels! YIKES! I would be really curious if anyone is getting these cheaper....
  9. M

Really? Where did you buy them from? I would love to just do that instead! Get them at the dealer?
  10. M

for those of you that have gone to the trouble of painting the black plastic trims between the windows and the rear windows, how have they held up? I'm getting ready to sand down and paint all the trims on my wife's 02 and I'm wondering how long they will hold up. Anyone paint them body color...
  11. M

Latest PCM Upgrade 1U7A-12A650-GMB for the 2002-2005 4.0L SOHC

I called my dealer today to have this done on the Wife's 02 EB, it does the stupid idle hesitation sometimes so I'm hoping this cures that. I'm getting it done the same time I'm plunking down the $275 to get the rear applique done....
  12. M

02 4.0 Explorer Catless Y Pipe

it's a handy little trick, you can probably buy them on ebay too if you don't feel like going through the trouble to make one. Back to the thread, anyone out there know of anyone that makes a catless Y pipe?
  13. M

K&N Intake for 04-05 v6

filled it out!
  14. M

the top O2 (precat) would remain, the lower O2 (post converter) can be fooled with a manual fix, you use two "spark arrestors" to space the O2 out and bleed a lower amount of exhaust gas into the sensor thereby tricking it, it's commonly referred to in the Mustang/WRX/etc world as the manual CEL...
  15. M

I did a search and all I came up with was old threads about Random Tech, does anyone currently make a catless Y pipe for our Explorers?
  16. M

door locks sticking with key fob

WD40 is good to start, but after it dries it will gum it up even more, what you need is WD40, can of compressed air, and a can of Silicon spray lubricant, all 3 can be had at Home Depot, the Silicon is pricey at about $8 a can, but it's well worth it. spray WD40, followed shortly after by the...
  17. M

2005 Explorer XLT

aftermarket remote start or alarm would explain that I would think....
  18. M

fuel filter tool

it's a PITA, that metal clip needs to swing off and out of the way, then you use the plastic half circles to slide up the line into the fitting and they depress the spring and the line pops off, it took me about 3 hours from start to finish the first time I did it, it really sucks, the location...
  19. M

Weird hesitation at idle...can't figure it out.

Hi guys, new on the forum, not at all new to cars. Got a problem with the wife's 02 4.0. Started last October, I changed the plugs to autolite platinums at about 45k right before a big trip, later in the day I had a carload of people and at WOT merging onto the freeway I got a misfire, I...
Back