Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Neep Specs on Alternator

I have a '99 Explorer EB with the factory trailer tow package. I am wondering what the output of my alternator is. Anyone have a link to this info? Thanks. Tim
  2. B

Location of Oil Press. Sending Unit

Could someone post a link or tell me where this is on a '99 4.0 SOHC with a gauge? Thx.
  3. B

Oil Pressure Gauge Fluctuation

The last couple days my oil pressure gauge has started unusual movements...like going from normal to zero then back up. These movements are extremely rapid and have no correlation to anything I'm doing (moving, accelerating, stopping, etc.). I seem to think they are electrical in nature as...
  4. B

Starting problem

Problem solved... check this link for answer: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242915
  5. B

No Fuel Pressure Regulator?

Problem fixed! If there's one thing I hate is doing a search and reading through problems similar to mine and not knowing how things ended up....so: My problem was engine would start and run for a few seconds and quit. Connected a fuel pressure gage and it showed 10 psi. If I turned the...
  6. B

It's my son's truck and it's in Texas and I'm in Vermont. I will be there in few days. Just trying to get some parts before I go. I will be able to check fuel pressures, etc. when I get there. Up to this point he's had to prime the fuel system prior to start by turning the key to the on...
  7. B

So I call my 3 local parts stores looking for a fuel pressure regulator for my '99 4.0 SOHC and nobody lists them. I'm thinking maybe a dealer item. I call and the dealer says Ford calls it a fuel dampner. I questioned the parts guy and he says this is what I need...about $85. Does this...
  8. B

Starting problem

Yes, I know my pump is cycling on. I will check the filter and fuel pressure. I've been doing some research on this site. Sounds like a common problem. Thx.
  9. B

Another SOHC no start thread... :(

I seem to have the same problem...did you solve yours?
  10. B

Starting problem

I have a '99 Explorer with the 4.0 SOHC engine. About 6 months ago I had a starting problem where the engine would just turn over and not quite start. Did some research on here and found that there was a history of problems with the fuel regulator. I tried turning the key to the on position and...
  11. B

Trailer Towing Size Advice

Thanks for the responses... I do have the 4.10 gears...should have included that in the first post. I know what my weight limit is and was mostly looking for feedback on other's experience with trailer size. I have no idea what a 6x10 or 6x12 will weigh when loaded. I know they are about 12...
  12. B

Trailer Towing Size Advice

I have a '99 Eddie Bauer with the V6 SOHC. It has a towing package and I'm wondering what size of enclosed cargo trailer I can tow. I'm thinking a 6x10 but am wondering what others have towed...maybe 6x12? I would use electric brakes most likely for anything heavier than 3000 pounds. Anyone...
Back