Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Wharton NJ, Easy Trail Ride 1/29/11

I'm gonna be there, and I'm with Jay. Thread says "Easy Trail Ride." If some of you guys want to go balls out through ice and mud, go for it, just go away from us. :P
  2. S

There are tons of go-arounds on the Wharton State Park mapped trails, if you go off of those, you may have problems. I'd lead, but I have a chronic case of not knowing where the hell I'm going :D
  3. S

If I can find them on the GPS, I'm game. But I've heard lots of Ranger-related horror stories from those trails behind the power lines. I'm poor enough, the last thing I need is to start paying fines for being on off-limits trails :(
  4. S

Just an FYI those trails by the power lines behind atco are totally illegal. If you guys want to go there, go for it, but I'll be staying at the Ranger Station while that goes on. :thumbsup:
  5. S

I was just at Jemima last night, even saw a ranger on the way. He just said to be careful and no stupid messing around. Also asked us if we saw a big orange chevy S-10, we didnt, so we said no. I don't think there is much they can do, since Jemima and the roads leading to Jemima are legit...
  6. S

I've got a set of 4 two-way radios too, I just have no idea how to tell what frequency they work on or how to tune in to other radios with them. I'll charge them up and bring them just in case. I'm all for meeting up at Atsion Station on 206. Less driving to the meet up for me ;)
  7. S

I've got my in-the-truck CB but I've also got a big old cobra hand held CB that works real good for anyone who's lacking in the communications department.
  8. S

If only they had the aussie for the dana 44...they've been sold out of D44 aussies for like...the last 2 years :rolleyes:
  9. S

I wasn't saying your buddy's deuce was the culprit, just pointing out the guys the rangers are after. The trails aren't too bad... a little branchy, some water, but nothing that a stock truck would have to worry about. A lifted truck would have to worry even less, unless your like 2' taller...
  10. S

I seat 5, and I'm only a party of 3 so that leaves 2 seats for anyone who doesn't want to drive their own truck/doesn't have a truck to drive.
  11. S

Hey, Don't make fun of Midnight. It's not nice to poke fun at the deceased explorers! I heard from a little bird that the Ranger's big problem with the deuce and a halfs is that they are totally illegal. Unregistered, uninsured, etc. A bunch of guys with deuces have been setting up meth labs...
  12. S

I'm game. Not running a Ford anymore but hey, at least it's not a "common" 4x4 ;) 1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, No lift, Stock Size Muds.
  13. S

wharton run on nov 13!

Steering locked up halfway through a turn, no idea what caused it but it wasn't the actual steering linkages those were all good. Slowed down and almost would've made it, but some CRV came blasting down the road in the other lane. Driver panicked and swerved INTO me instead of around me. I used...
  14. S

Rip 1994 xlt

I tore the steering column apart and couldn't find anything amiss with the key cylinder or actual ignition system. What I did notice, however, was that the small metal bar that locks the steering wheel was heavily scored and looked like it was grinded down on something...I don't know if this is...
  15. S

wharton run on nov 13!

Hey, at least it was just a driveshaft. I flipped my truck yesterday. The luck, eh?
  16. S

Rip 1994 xlt

As I told keithisg, I don't have WAR shackles or anything like that. I have shackles I built myself out of bar steel and grade 8 bolts and my leaf springs are f150 leafs bolted to an explorer main leaf. It would be rediculous to ship the leaf springs when you can get them at the JY yourself. The...
  17. S

Rip 1994 xlt

The dana 44 actually came out OK, one of the lockout hubs is trashed from smashing its face on the road but otherwise its good. I'm parting her out now, so if anybody is interested in anything let me know.
  18. S

Rip 1994 xlt

Well now I'm fighting with the towing company the state police called, they're charging me totally inflated prices for towing my truck 2 miles to their shop and won't let me touch it without paying first. I dont know what all happened to my truck's front suspension honestly, last time I saw...
  19. S

Rip 1994 xlt

Okay, this is kinda hard to write, but here it goes. Today around 4pm I was driving home from a buddies house in my SAS'd 94, the same truck in my signature. Was driving down the road, going through a bend in the road towards a stoplight, when all of a sudden the steering locked. It wasn't a...
  20. S

Skyjacker Radius Arm Crossmember

No problem haha. I've got a crossmember from that website on order and it should ship out tomorrow, I'll report on how reliable/prompt that company is to work with.
  21. S

The cheapest, most creative lift for 1st Gen.

My cheap yet awesome suspension lift? Try this on for size ladies. 1980's-90's TTB F150 front coil springs. This gives you about 2.5" of lift and is the maximum you can do and still get your truck aligned. For the rear end take your explorer leaf springs and take the leaf pack apart...
  22. S

Also, this is a direct link to where you can buy this crossmember for $70: http://www.autopartsdealer.com/ranger_cross_member_bar-p2079154-p.html I'm going to be ordering one from this site very soon, I'll update this thread with my results.
  23. S

Hey, I figured I'd post this up. I called skyjacker because I was interested in their radius arm crossmember to replace the setup I have currently in my SAS'd 94. You can buy this crossmember seperately from the Class 2 Radius arm kit. The part number JUST for this radius arm crossmember is...
  24. S

Junkyard Lift Question?

This is what you would need to do, in the short form. Go to the junkyard. Find a 1980s-1996 F150 with the 5 leaf rear leaf pack. You find those easiest on trucks with towing packages or heavy duty suspensions. Nab those springs. Take the centerbolt out of the leaf pack. Toss the main...
  25. S

wharton run on nov 13!

That was me. When I pulled my transmission back off the engine, my clutch was toast. Had about a tissue thick of friction material and the rivets were sticking up farther than what little material was left. Replaced the clutch, resurfaced the flywheel, new pilot bearing and new slave cylinder...
Back