Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. adrnlnrush

5.0 Coyote Adrenalin engine swap

You have the clutch assembly and the shifter figured out, just need to figure out the electronics unless the ones you used with the 5.0 would work. So ball park, what would your tranny kit cost to put with the 4.6? I would feel very comfortable letting you do the work.
  2. adrnlnrush

How big of an issue would it be to bolt up the manual 6sp to the current 4.6L motor?
  3. adrnlnrush

lLeaking Tonneau Cover - Ford's Response

This is a bit touchy, the manual does state that the cover may leak. So if it does leak is it a warranty issue or not? I know that my 08 cover does not leak, however it will sweat inside on very humid days. I make it a point not to leave anything under the cover that may be damaged if it does...
  4. adrnlnrush

It would be really interesting to just sit and talk to you about this project. I've been watching your progress from the beginning with this truck and I must say you've come a long way and it's been quite impressive. Great Job :salute:
  5. adrnlnrush

HID kit

Contact info?
  6. adrnlnrush

Aftermarket Shocks for Gen2 Tracs

Does anyone know if there are aftermarket shocks available for the Gen2 yet? My oem shocks are really showing just how bad they are.
  7. adrnlnrush

I'm subscribed, this should be fun.
  8. adrnlnrush

Has anyone removed this piece on their dashboard? (picture included)

Does the vent come out and if so how?
  9. adrnlnrush

My 5.4L 3v Adrenalin engine swap

We need another update, I'm having withdrawal symptoms and need a fix.
  10. adrnlnrush

Steve couple more questions that keep running through my head: You said that the transmission didn't want to apply all of the torque to the wheels. Do you think it is actually the tranny or is the engine going into derate because of the traction control? I have noticed that at times when...
  11. adrnlnrush

New "glamour" shots of the Adrenalin

If she weren't yours, I'd be asking her out. Definitely Hot!!
  12. adrnlnrush

Please keep us updated if you follow through on this. I would definitely be interested in trying this if it is not too costly. Something I've thought about... have you looked into the possibility of getting an ECM / TCM or at least a tune for the new F150 with a 5.4 & 6spd auto? Are they...
  13. adrnlnrush

I keep wondering how hard and how much work it would be to add a 6spd manual to one of these?
  14. adrnlnrush

20" Pirellis are toast... time to replace them

Kyson, Did you get the Firestones? Have any pics?
  15. adrnlnrush

Any updates? Can you tell I'm hooked?
  16. adrnlnrush

What about opening up the fender vents and making them functional?
  17. adrnlnrush

Steve, any updates?
  18. adrnlnrush

Looks to me like you've done an excellent job here. Keep us updated on the trans tune.
  19. adrnlnrush

Wow... just Wow Did you or do you plan to use a LS or locker unit in the rear? The tranny in these things are strong enough to handle the power of the engine my problem with them is the shift pattern. The 1 to 2 shift needs to be cleaned up not just firmed up. There is too much of a...
  20. adrnlnrush

Traction control

Actually I've been driving since long before traction control was an option never had a problem. The traction control on these vehicles is not a true traction control the way it works. All it really does is derate the engine so that it doesn't spin the tires, it doesn't adjust the power to...
  21. adrnlnrush

Traction control

So let us in on it. ???
  22. adrnlnrush

This is worst than waiting for football season!!
  23. adrnlnrush

I am watching this project with major anticipation
  24. adrnlnrush

New Owner with question

Check to see if you need the tires rotated. Had a Ranger that had a horrible rumble, couldn't figure it out. Took it to the dealer and they suggested a tire rotation, didn't think it would work but said what the hec. An hour and $26.00 later it rode like glass and quiet as new.
  25. adrnlnrush

4.0 or 4.6???

Get the V8 and definitely get the 3V, the factory tune is quite conservative so plan on an xcal3 with a tune and you'll be grinning ear to ear. I am a V8 person and I know I couldn't live with the 4.0.
Back