Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

What kind of shocks should i get?

For 3"+ lifted I prefer Rancho or OME. Stock to 2.5" lift, I really liked the Monroe reflex.
  2. B

Canadian....EH!?!?!

Welcome to the site!
  3. B

How to determine amount of lift??

The 2" lift kits provide an add-a-leaf and shackles. Some 4" kits provide re-arched rear springs. More than 4" they go with the brackets to convert to spring over axle. All the above kits provide new front springs.
  4. B

Wanted Need Help

After checking out the site you had listed and Superlift's own site as well it appears everything needed for the lift itself is included in the kit. A lift is also a good time to convert the radial arm bushings over to poly vice the worn out rubber ones that get baked by the exhaust...
  5. B

Wanted Need Help

The extent of the changes required will be dependant on the size of lift. If you opt for a 2" lift then nothing else needs to be changed although stock shocks will be operating at max extension when unloaded. It will allow you to run 31" tires without rub issues or fender trimming. If you go...
  6. B

Hellllllooooooooo

There are quite a few of us in Alberta. Three of us in little ol' Cold Lake.
  7. B

Belt noise or bad pulley?

Usually if its a belt, it will do it whenever you accelerate as well. Your tensioner might be on its way out.
  8. B

Clock and Radio Settings wiped out

Definately battery.
  9. B

Stock Bumpers with Foglights

93/94 ltd's came with the valance and fog lights.
  10. B

4WD Problem and Vibration

Bad U-joints could be the problem with the vibes and the clunk but would not cause your 4WD not to work. If you're not getting the 4X4 light on the dash then it could be the shift motor, controller or the buttons themselves, shift motor is usually the cause and cleaning it repairs it most of...
  11. B

Rough idle and NO power on '94, HELP!

MAP sensor (manifold absolute pressure) monitors intake manifold pressure and sends the info to the ECU to control fuel output. We don't have a MAP sensor, our engines use a MAF sensor instead. Wish I could help more but plugs/plug wires was the only thing I could think of and you've already...
  12. B

stupid question time

Here's a thread that covers a lot about what you are looking for and considering doing. Alec's thoughts on Mods
  13. B

Rear Door Speaker

Taking off the rear panel is easy. 1. Remove the 2 screws located above the door handle. 2. Remove the black trim piece around the door handle. To get it out of the way easily, pull the door handle as this will give you more room. 3. Using a wide flat screwdriver or door panel tool, start...
  14. B

axel wheels size help

5X4.5 and a 3.75 backspacing is best. Also with the 1st gens you may have to get the center of the new front rims bored out (at a machine shop) to fit over the hubs. One of the members here said he paid $50 a rim to get them bored. Hope this helps.
  15. B

Alt gauge pegs?

Your gauge should peg all the way to the left when it is not running, what you've got is just a simple sticky gauge. Either the needle or a piece inside is slightly bent causing it to get hung up.
  16. B

Autolocking hubs not locking

You have worn front hubs. It is very common and most people do change over to manual hubs. However, if you like the auto ones, most likely all that is wrong is the plastic spacer (washer) is worn and can be replaced with a metal one. Here is a post with pics on the procedure...
  17. bakedbeansbig

bakedbeansbig

18. B

what to get at wreckers...

Good front door panels in the same colour as yours for when your inside door pull handle breaks off. It all depends on what you wish to do. If you want to convert the rear drums to disk, pick up a second gen rear end. rear disk conversion Also 2nd gen seats bolt in as long as it is from...
  19. B

Alberta folk..... where ya be?

Paul Gagnon is in Sherwood Park (page1). I've seen a couple others on the board listed as being in Edmonton but haven't posted here yet.
  20. B

Hello, now tell me everything!lol

Welcome fellow Canadian! For some inspiration, check out ld50's rig. Him and carsonm do some nice runs.
  21. B

Explorer jerks violently when left front tire hits a pothole.

Like bmxking5 said, check everything for tightness and get a front end alignment.
  22. crazycars1

crazycars1

23. mugshot

mugshot

24. B

93x rear disk conversion

Your 93 will have 4 wheel ABS. 91's & 92's just have rear ABS.
  25. B

used 92 xlt questions

Q2. Try what JStrider said although on mine I can here the clicks in the front. If you still hear nothing then that means the 4wd computer (located in left rear wheel well past the jack) is either not receiving the signal from the push buttons or the computer is toast. I wouldn't worry about...
Back