Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

High Mileage STA

Yeah I think you're right. I called and there is a deposit on the STA anyway. I want a truck but not really practical for what I do. I think I am going to look into a small SUV like an Escape or Equinox. Thanks for the input!!
  2. N

High Mileage STA

Hey I haven't been on here in a few years as I traded my 05 Explorer for a 11 Fusion. Looking into getting a truck and keep going back to a STA. I drive around 20-25K per year for work and wanting to get rid of my Fusion with 136K on it. Question is how are the STA's with high mileage? My 05...
  3. N

Looking for a 3rd row SUV

Yes they did in 2014 but this one was a 2012.
  4. N

Noooooo NEVER even if it is my wife's vehicle haha.
  5. N

Well a neighbor of ours is going to let us drive their Santa Fe this week and we'll go look at the Explorer over the weekend. We've already drove our friends Durango Citadel and it was damn nice but had a 5-speed.
  6. N

Thanks for the responses so far. I also just realized I posted this in the Modified section and not the Stock. I'll see about getting that moved haha. The car seats today take up so much room! We have a 9 month old and finally put him in a convertible car seat, so it helped a little but nobody...
  7. N

Well we bought the wife a 2013 Escape last year thinking it would be enough room with a child. Well after we had our boy April 2014, this car is SMALL!! We are looking to upgrade to a bigger SUV. I had an 05 Explorer and not drive a 11 Fusion. We are looking a 3 options so far - Explorer...
  8. N

Center Console

I sold the truck 2 years ago but it held up well. As far as a steering wheel there might be an issue with you always having your hands on it. If you're just doing the center you should be fine. I would take your time and do good prep work and it should hold up fine!
  9. N

Canuck motorsports lowering springs and mounty

Sorry I am wrong. I have the Ground Force springs which do lower it 1.6" all around. I had Belltechs but I traded them for the GFs. To many problems with the Belltechs cause they drop it 2" in front and 2.5" in back. They make it hard to align the camber.
  10. N

They are 1.6" on all four corners. They work with 2WD or 4WD. Go with KYB struts.
  11. N

I am selling a set of Belltech's. Only on an Explorer for a week. $150 plus shipping.
  12. N

if you have a ddm tuning kit, please answer

I have the DDM 5,000K kit. I love them. Very bright white color no blue hue at all.
  13. N

Belltech / Ground Force springs

Who PM'd me about the Belltech springs that lived in Tampa? PM me again please!!
  14. N

Projector headlights and HIDs

I have a question. I am trying to get my brother some HIDs for his bday next week (2006 Ford Ranger). However, he has the aftermarket projector/halo headlights and they do not take the stock bulbs. Does anyone know what size bulbs are in these aftermarket headlights and is it possible to...
  15. N

Hey bori2150 - I sent you a PM. I'm interested.
  16. N

80% of 2005 Explorer Transmissions Fail

I am with a few of you on here. I'm at 142K on my 2005 and it's still running strong. However, once every few months on a long trip after about an hour of driving there will be a big clunk at highway speeds but that is the only issue I have had. My mom just got rid of her 1996 Explorer with...
  17. N

I never had the GF springs. I wanted to get them but a guy was cleaning out his warehouse and I picked up the Belltech's for $80 (brand new in the box). I don't feel like my struts are gone but I do have 140,000 miles on my truck. I wasn't going to keep the truck but I think I might because...
  18. N

Well I finally got the Belltech springs. Now debating on selling them or installing them. just nervous about the ride plus I still have stock wheels and it will look funny for a little while. Opinions?
  19. N

Belltech springs

Is there anyone that would be interested in some brand new Belltech springs? PM me if interested.
  20. N

How to: Mountaineer Cluster installed - Pics, problems, fixes, walk-thru WARNING! 35 pics!

I don't have a cluster yet but you have a good point to just remove the bulbs. I don't know why I put the 2wd vs 4wd question because what I was really wondering was will a V8 cluster work with a V6 vehicle?
  21. N

How to: Mountaineer Cluster installed - Pics, problems, fixes, walk-thru WARNING! 35 pics!

Does anyone know if it matters if the Mountaineer is a 2WD or 4WD? I'm thinking about doing this and want to be sure before I pick one up. I have an 2WD 05 Ex with the message center.
  22. N

Guys sitting on 20s, come in!

Looks great Docked Wages! I just bought new tires for mine because I didn't have the money for rims yet. If I end up keeping mine for awhile I will finally get some wheels. Excellent decision on style!!
  23. N

Has anyone put Adrenalin Wheels on a stock Sport Trac?

Looks great! Those wheels are getting so hard to find. I just bought some new stock tires but I am always on the look out for them. Nice choice!
  24. N

Staggered 20's

Well further research on the chart Josh sent me said the rear wheels with 275/45 will stick out 1.3" more then the stock 245/65-17. So I went out and did some measurements. It is a no go. If I wasn't planning on lower it in the future they might work. Oh well....on to my search for some...
  25. N

Staggered 20's

No I have a 2wd so I'm not to worried about the size difference. I am also now looking at another set of the same wheels but only 10" in the back in Silver (so I don't have to get them finished). The guy wants $600 but I'm trying to get him down a little more.
Back