Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Steering box (steering gear) issues

I had the radiator and fan shroud out of my '94 ex and i decided to take up some of the slack in my steering play by adjusting the steering box. I did it once on an Isuzu trooper, same setup, no problem. This time i spaced out, and did NOT raise the wheels off the ground. Also the corrosion on...
  2. M

GUTTING? REPLACING? How about cleaning?

I heard there was a way to clean your cats? If the Honeycomb brick ceramic garbage is still in good condition.... than you can use a torch, "oxygen acetelyne" and burn off the buildup?
  3. M

cherry bomb???

how about walker mufflers? (what rockauto sells) they are like $30ish. They have a "pro fit" "sound FX" and a "quiet-flow". I think the sound fx would be best for sound hence the name, but i've had no experience with them. Anyone?
  4. M

Locked the keys in!

SCREW THE PO LICE. I just did that today, no spare. Ford said it was too old to cut a key from the vin, cheapest key cut at a locksmith was $130. So since i work at U-HAUL, and all they have is fords, except for 2 GM's. I borrowed the 17 keys and jiggled till one worked.... Try some friends ford...
  5. M

Stupid anti-theft

looking at another thread, the rear left window happens to leak. Mine did, all over the anti-theft module. I had to disassemble the WHOLE thing, down to the circuit board. I used a hair dryer on it and the connections, and then covered it in plastic, and rtv'd around the window in the trouble...
  6. M

i did a "no no" oxy sensors?

runs pretty good, but i get a 327 code KOEO. imma check those stupid silicone hoses.
  7. M

i did a "no no" oxy sensors?

So i finally got my used (probably abused) junkyard engine in.... everything was labeled, but i got tired, and didn't label the oxy sensor wires.... does it matter which bank they hook up to? I'm pretty sure the longer wire off of the wire harness goes to the farther away oxy sensor on the...
  8. M

Catalytic Converter Replacement

punch a hole, and vacuum excess, but of coarse you wouldn't be driving that on state roads ;)
  9. M

mufflers

i watched video's on youtube, one with a flowmaster 40 series kit, and one with cherry bomb glasspacks, sounded about the same to me, but then again, those videos don't have the greatest sound quality.... check youtube just the same though.
  10. M

Stupid anti-theft

i read in another thread that the anti-theft module was located in the rear left passenger door, and that door has a tendency to leak. I happened to wash my truck about 10 minutes prior to driving it, i really hosed down the windows because i have those window flares... I'm going to check that...
  11. M

Stupid anti-theft

where is the factory module? what else would caus the alarm to go on the fritz?
  12. M

shock absorbers

monroe sensa-trac. I perfer the cheaper model that has a constant bound/rebound, but the monroe sensa trac is a good ride.
  13. M

cold air intake

As long as your not going offroad. You have to be careful of the cold air intake, as it could be easier to ingest water into your intake depending on the style. K&N filter would be a good start.... Clean throttle bodie and MAF
  14. M

Stupid anti-theft

it looks like there is a computer connector hanging (computer removed?) from the bunch of wires, how about i disconnect that mess and remove it? and try again (after i get my rig unlocked)?
  15. M

Stupid anti-theft

So mad i locked my keys in my truck, i never do that, but i never work on stuff mad either.... I was driving, and the alarm started going off, couldn't shut it off by remote (don't know if it is original remote) or by shutting vehicle off. So i unplugged the horn and drove 2 minutes to my...
  16. M

Air Conditioning Help?

There is a High pressure and Low pressure port. Those are usually the only 2. You want to add it to the low pressure port. The one that's in between the a/c pump and the condenser. You use the low pressure port. When you add the refrigerant, you are supposed to shake well, and change canister...
  17. M

Installed Bosch platinum 2 Plugs = ROUGH Idle + CEL

I was just being ignorant on purpose. Bosch can't be too bad, because STIHL (one of the largest chainsaw manufacturers) uses BOSCH plugs and sometimes ignition systems from the factory. For the past 6 months, we've received poor quality plugs from Champion. I don't know if their small engine...
  18. M

Installed Bosch platinum 2 Plugs = ROUGH Idle + CEL

DON"T PUT GERMAN PLUGS IN AN AMERICAN VEHICLE, ENOUGH SAID. AND DON"T BUY CHAMPION GARBAGE. i've seen SO many Champion plugs with the ground not lined up with the electrode, or pieces of the electrode come off from poor quality manufacturing... i'd buy autolite first.... I think the engineers...
  19. M

For you legal geeks....

ahhh, thank you
  20. M

For you legal geeks....

take over? last time the FEDERAL WAY police in WA took over, things turned out not so good. I don't understand?
  21. M

For you legal geeks....

for what?!? to see if it's stolen? THe registration is in HIS name...
  22. M

For you legal geeks....

perfect, thank you very much!
  23. M

Diesel conversion?

yes, a daihatsu diesel, single cylinder 12HP aircooled, stuffed into an explorer. J/k but if you do, choose turbo diesel, because otherwise, you will not have half the performance. (pulling power, not passing power)
  24. M

For you legal geeks....

THERE MIGHT BE HOPE AFTER ALL. HE JUST CONTACTED ME. We were supposed to wait 2 weeks until the title came in the mail. I tried to contact him about 3 different times, 2 times with messages, no response. He JUST contacted me about an hour ago (2 weeks, 1 day later) he said he'd go to the DMV...
  25. M

For you legal geeks....

I bought a 94 exploder. I received the REGISTRATION (with signatures) and a BILL OF SALE (with signatures). My fault, i bought it without the title, the guy went with me to the department of motor vehicles, low and behold, the title was still in the mail (he bought it, and blew engine within 2...
Back