Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Hard Start /Crank Cold

Have a '94 XLT, when the engine is cold, it will crank then struggle. As if the battery is dying or starter is going. Runs fine, let it run a few minutes and restarts fine. Checked battery cables, recently new battery and started.I don't get the bad cable connection "click" . Any suggestions...
  2. S

temp gauge moves back and fourth

I had the "H" valve fail on my '94. While I waiting for the new valve to arrive I had the heater hoses bypassed and my temperature gauge fluctuated as if the thermostat was bad. Once I installed the new "H" valve the temperature gauge stabilized. Not sure what caused it. My bypass was not...
  3. S

recommended grease for Wheel bearings X 93 4X4

I did my wheel bearings on my '94 a few years ago. I though I would be smart and use fancy synthentic grease and had a bearing fail in a few months. Next I used Valvoline Ford-Lincoln-Mercury multipurose grease. Things have been good for two years
  4. S

Transfer Case Motor Change - Thanks for the Help!

We had our last snow storm of the year here in MD two weeks ago. The Explorer when into 4wd fine and we made it through the storm, but it had a hard time coming out. The transfer case came out of 4wd but the computer didn't believe it and kept the 4HI indicator on. I followed the...
  5. S

Quick help, I HOPE

Will the motor run in both directions when it is disconnected from the window?
  6. S

Help me fix my drum brakes please

I am going to share my rear brake experiance with my '94. I have have the truck since it was new and never had a rear brake problem until recently. I put new brake shoes and drums on from autozone. After a few months I started having trouble with the brakes note fully releasing when I released...
  7. S

won't start

This sounds like the same problem that drove me nuts for 3 years. Cranks over fine by doesn't start. Turn the key to the "on" position the check engine light should come on. If not try changing the EEC Relay $10 Advance Auto. I had this intermitent problem for three years, I changed the...
  8. S

Need to identify parts falling off my '94

Sounds like a radius arm bushing, roll under see if you are missing one.
  9. S

Brake line fittings into the ABS HCU

Thank You, I was having a difficult time finding this information
  10. S

Ignition relay

EEC Rely I had an intermitent "crank no start" issue with my truck for 3 years. Turned out to be a bad EEC rely, drove me nuts
  11. S

Brake line fittings into the ABS HCU

Need ro replace front brake lines, anyone know the specs for the fitting into the ABS HCU? Is it just a regular flared tube? Thanks
Back