Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Anyone in Indiana???

haha! im in indy and was thinkin bout joining a 4x4 club
  2. A

1999 Explorer Center Cup Holder Part

pop it out, go to the junk yard, pop one out of another explorer and pop it right into yours... not very complicated.. and costs about $10.00... i did it
  3. A

PLEASE HELP ASAP! control arms!

awesome! thanks alot!
  4. A

thanks alot.. this is my only car and its my baby so i gotta get it fixed haha. i'm gonna definitely do it myself.
  5. A

So... I just got back from the shop after taking my 99 explorer sport there to get an alignment. After i got home i got a call saying that they had something they needed to show me and wanted me to come back in. I got there and was told i needed both upper control arms/ball joints and a lower...
  6. A

Looking for some ideas

you can always do what every other broke 19 year old on this forum does (a.k.a. me) and do the front torsion bar twist and get shackles and f150 leaf springs in the rear. i have a sport so i just got leaf springs off a 4 door explorer with the shackles and it lifted it about 3 inches in the...
  7. A

Throttle Body Spacer

i got an airaid throttle body spacer and it made a huge difference. it helped with torque a very noticeable amount and it seemed to have made it faster off the line i have a 99 ford explorer sport 4.0 sohc
  8. A

Need a new front bumper

i have a 99 explorer sport and i really need a new bumper. i have the stock plastic one and its bent and cracked and just looks terrible.. i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get an aftermarket bumper thats reasonably priced. it doesnt need to look classy or anything, it just needs to...
  9. A

Which IAC for a 1997 SOHC v6 AWD

thats the idle air bypass valve right? i'm pretty sure you can get one of those from napa for about $50. thats what i would do just to be sure i'm getting the right part..
  10. A

explorer sport pics

my explorer...
  11. A

4 Door Leaf Springs on sport

how much did they lift ur truck?
  12. A

4 Door Leaf Springs on sport

I was thinking about putting the leaf springs from a 4 door explorer on my sport and wasn't sure if all i needed to get was the leaf springs, or if i needed to buy anything else to put them on. thanks, austin
  13. A

need help with horsepower! 99 sport 4.0 sohc

i'm now thinking about the eaton m90 supercharger on my car just because it doesnt look like i need to build my engine up at all to do it and it is pretty cheap... and does anyone know if i can put it on a completely stock engine without messing it up? i plan on building the engine up in the...
  14. A

which tuner should i get? there are alot... haha and i dont see any for the explorer but im sure im just overlooking it.
  15. A

thanks for the ideas! does anyone know where i can get a supercharger for a decent price? and if i get a supercharger or turbo do i have to build the engine up? this is my primary car so i dont want it to be out of commission for more than a couple days or so.. and does anyone know which headers...
  16. A

ok... i just tried to post this thread but it didnt work so ill try again.. but i'm looking to add some horsepower to my 99 4.0 sohc sport for not very expensive if possible. but i am looking for about 30-50 more horsepower and significant torque too... any suggestions?? i've been reading and it...
  17. A

TT, Shackles, Pro-comp bar installed!

i put some autozone shackles on and they work well. it doesnt add alot of lift but its noticeable. probably about 2" or so
  18. A

Tinted Windows

looks good i have a 99 explorer sport black with black 5% tint and rims and its dark as hell i got a 75 dollar ticket for it
  19. A

need help with blocks on '99 ford explorer sport

awesome. sounds like a cheap lift. is there anything i should watch out for? it almost sounds too easy to just get the 4 door leaf springs and the shackles. and even though you dont necessarily need shocks, what is a good brand for off roading and such and still ride well
  20. A

Fender flares safari rack

I have a '99 Sport and i was wondering if anyone knew where to get some fender flares that are easy to install and not too expensive... and i'm also looking to get a safari rack and a pre runner bar... or a brush guard if not too expensive
  21. A

Thanks for all the help! i am probably just going to keep comin up with questions haha so please be patient. but if i got new shackles would you recommend that i get new shocks as well? or will it not lift it that much? and also, is it true that if you put the leaf springs off a 4 door explorer...
  22. A

awesome thanks alot and how could i lift the front the 5.5 to 6"? if i only lift it 1.5" i can just adjust the torsion bars, but i wouldnt know how to lift the front that much. and also, does anyone know the rear axle diameter?
  23. A

I have a '99 Explorer Sport and im wanting to put suspension blocks between the rear axle and leaf springs but the leaf springs are under the axle. Are there any relocation kits i could buy to move the leaf springs on top of the axle?
  24. A

explorer sport pics

awesome i want to do the v8 swap how was it
Back