Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

How to: 2nd Gen Blend Door Quick Fix

Well the screw didn't work so well in 15 degree weather. So I got back under there and removed the actuator completely, then reached back for the blend door, which turned easily. I now have full heat when the unit is on, and upon installing a new actuator, will have everything working fine again.
  2. T

Thanks 56 TBurd! In my rush to get heat going, I pulled the blend door as far open as I could, then drilled a 3 1/2 inch screw in from underneath to hold. I now have heat. As you stated, the actuator is going to be my problem, but I no longer carry the miniature tools I once had when I was...
  3. T

Hey guys...and gals? I've got my glove box out, a hole cut, and I can reach in and feel the blend door. With the heat switched to on, I can pry the blend door partially open and I get hot air. My problem is that I can not get the door to open, barely able to open it at all. Is there a...
  4. T

Heating Issue

Both heater core hoses run hot. Does that point me in the direction of all three problems, or would one or two be eliminated? Thank you in advance.
  5. T

Heating Issue

Thanks BrooklynBay! I'll take a look.
  6. T

Heating Issue

When the colder weather hit we switched the temperature gauge to heat, and our unit continued to blow cold air. I am no mechanic, but I have read through this site enough to know what to include on this post to get the most accurate answer from the real mechanics on here. Our truck is a '05...
Back