Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Rear half shafts removal, Explorer 2004

I used a 2x4 and a BFH. Worked good for me.
  2. C

2003 Explorer rear differential leak.

I just did this job. My specialty tools = a 2x4 and a BFH (Big ... Hammer). It took about 30 minutes to take it apart and about 30 minutes to put it back together. No big deal.
  3. C

Rear.. tie rod end? alignment rod?

Ok, so I called around. Apparently the part is on backorder nationwide for 2-3 months. The closest dealer that had one to me was in Wisconsin,(I'm in Northwest Iowa) and they had ONE.. which they refused to sell to me... so I called the local junkyard. $30, back in business. Good luck with...
  4. C

Rear.. tie rod end? alignment rod?

Hey, I need to know what the name of this part is. I have a 2003 Ford Explorer. This is on the rear end. It looks similar to a tie rod end, it goes from the middle of the truck out to the wheel area on the back side of everything. It almost resembles an alignment rod. The bushing on the...
  5. C

2003 G2 Paint Question

Just seeing if anyone knows the answer to this.. I hit a deer a while back and had to have some body work done. The front passenger side quarter panel and front passenger side door were replaced. The paint does not match, the new paint (G2) color code is significantly darker than the old...
  6. C

Panels Fading

I have a 2003 and I am having the panels fading problem at the tops on all 6 corners. Just wondering if anyone else has fixed this.. it's not a big deal, but I'd like it to look a little better. How did you fix it/what did you use? Should I just take it somewhere to get it fixed?
  7. C

Good place to mount switches?

Any pictures? If you have them that would be helpful. If not, no big deal. Somewhere accessable but not really visible would be nice.
  8. C

Good place to mount switches?

Wondering if anyone knows of a good place to put a couple of power switches on my 2003 Explorer? I'd rather not buy an entire switch box, so if you have any good ideas let me know. Hidden/not readily visible is what I'm going for. I just need two switches. I'm an EMT and mounting some LEDs in...
  9. C

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

Good Forum, thanks for the post. Helped me out. I have a 2003 XLT with the 4.6L V8... 65,000 miles ... gas mileage improved immediately from 14.5 to 17.5.
  10. C

Cracked Rear Panel?

Talked to the dealer I got it from.. he's gonna charge me $200 to fix it. I didn't think that was too bad since most places want $450 to fix.
  11. C

Cracked Rear Panel?

Has anyone that has had the cracked rear panel issue on the 2002-2005 Explorers gotten any support from ford? My rear panel just cracked today -- its very unsightly. Also, does anyone know if the replacement panels are better than the originals? I hate the thought of spending money on a...
Back