Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Air Lift air springs

Lightruck has them also. I don't have them, but, then again..I don't have the exploer any longer either... Jim
  2. P

2" lift springs for 91

I saw somebody had some in the "for sale, trade.....forum.. search there, you may have some luck.. Jim
  3. P

?'S on a 2" suspension lift

how 'bout 20.00+shipping?? jim email me at jim@equusmetals.com if real interested
  4. P

?'S on a 2" suspension lift

I've got a set of AAL's that can be had for very little $. Jim
  5. P

Jefe's Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier

Jefe..Just a "nudge" about the CAD file in acad2000 for me too..:D Thanks jim
  6. P

Manual Hubs Installed!

Another possible source..Lightruck Jim
  7. P

Autometer Oil Pressure and Trans Temp installed in center console!

Could you get some model paint or some automotive paint to tint it?? Jim
  8. P

NEW CLUTCH SLIPPING?!?

Sorry for the "CAPS" Taken from Centerforce website: DO CENTERFORCE CLUTCHES REQUIRE A BREAK IN PERIOD? YES. IT IS RECOMMENDED TO PROPERLY SEAT IN THE NEW PRESSURE PLATE & DISC ASSEMBLY TO ASSURE GOOD CLUTCH PERFORMANCE. CENTERFORCE RECOMMENDS 450-500 MILES OF IN TOWN STOP AND GO TYPE OF...
  9. P

NEW CLUTCH SLIPPING?!?

My Centerforce in my 'stang is awesome. I doubt that you will be able to get your money back at all. Excessive abuse to a clutch will eat it up in a hurry. If a guy puts a new clutch in his vehicle, uses(abuses) it improperly, no way in hell is he going to get his money back.:rolleyes: There...
  10. P

1998 Sport Lifted on 33's

Getting the aluminum powder coated wil not be a problem. I've got aluminum p'coated before. Have the powder-coater show you a sample of blackchrome...very cool!!! ps..aluminum is conductive. It's used in power distibution cables (1 1/2"-2" o.d.) alot. Jim
  11. P

CHIEF Is Almost a 302!!!!!! 91 XLT SAS In the process of 302 and T-5 Swap!!

Tim, Running a 5.0 with open headers shouldn't be any big deal...I ran my mustang w/ open headers and o2 sensors disco'd for about 12-15 miles..didn't have any problems. It appears that the problem (unfortunately) is somewhere else (I'm guessing head gasket). In weighing your options for the...
  12. P

CHIEF Is Almost a 302!!!!!! 91 XLT SAS In the process of 302 and T-5 Swap!!

Awesome work Tim!! ? for you.. Have you thought about a custom tranny x-member over modifying the headers?? It looks like there would be enough clearence for a tube style... Congrats on the conversion..looks great!! Jim
  13. P

Stant T-Stat - No Air Release Valve

Drill a 1/16" hole in the flange and install it with the hole toward the top of the engine(if I remember correctly on how the 5.0 installs). Jim
  14. P

My temp is goin up and down

My '92 does the same thing...:mad: changed the t-stat and it sill does this..? Could this be the temp sensor? Just about ready to let it go....BOOM! My patience with this issue is wearing very thin... Jim
  15. P

Jefe's Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier

CAD Jefe.. Looks great, impressive drawings too!!! I would appreciate CAD file(s) of you bumper/tire carrier. If you wouldn't mind, my address to send them to .... jim@equusmetals.com oh-I have ACAD 2000. I'm in the process of self-teaching myself Mechanical Desktop :eek: after a full day of...
  16. P

31x10.5's w/3.55 gears?

I have 31x10.50's & 3.73's in mine (not much difference than yours) and don't have any problems with acceleration, power..it's a v6...what power?? It's gets on the road and will maintain speed w/o any problem. If I'm wanting to play with power, I hop in the 'stang..:D Jim
  17. P

Steering pulls to right??

After adding 31x10.50, coil spacer/AAL and getting an alignment, my truck pulls to the right. Tires have been rotated every way possible to see if it's a tire problem. I took it back to the alignment shop 3 times and they tell me that the align. is perfect and the frame must be bent. Radius arm...
  18. P

exhaust consensus for a 99 sport

I have a 2 chamber flogmaster (flowmaster). Single out in the factory location. I personally think it sounds hillarious and get a kick out of driving it. At idle it has a nice low rumble to it, at hi-way speeds it takes a bit getting use to (not ricey - just different). My mustang on the other...
  19. P

Rebuilding a 1354

You may give www.lightruck.com a try. A friend of mine works there and he said that they may be able to help you.
  20. P

1996 5.0L Rebuild!

331 KIT Check out CHP a lot of mustang guys swear by their stuff. jim
  21. P

Recieved My AAL Today

AAL Yes, it goes "right above the flat (overload) spring" and yes, it installs in the same direction as the others. As far as the bolts go...use the largest that will fit. Simplest way I know to help. Just make sure you block the front wheels and use jack stands that can handle the height...
  22. P

STX Explorer?

I can't help much on the coils, but, I can help with the fit of 31's on a first-gen 'sploder. I put them on mine without any noticable rub that I could feel. When I did the coil spacers/AAL I noticed that there was some very slight rubbing on the rear of the inner fender. I would go with the...
  23. P

steering stabilizer

SAMS They have been helpful to a few guys on this board. I got mine there. Jim
  24. P

steering stabilizer

I have the rancho stabilizer and it mounts to the crossmember and "drag link" on the passenger side. Simple install, just follow the instructions. The only tough part about it is drilling through the crossmember. Jim
  25. P

Found A Helluva Deal On Ranco 9000Xs!!!!

Is this the same Sam's Offroad that is in Tulsa, Okla?? If so..I agree that the guys are great to deal with..but, they don't stock much for the explorer crowd. When you drive up to the store all you see is heep's. I went there to try to find some shackle's for my X and the guy behind the...
Back