Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. ChallengerDave

HELP replaced front rotor pads forgot inner wheel bearing

Sounds like you might have messed up one of the wheel speed sensors. From your saying the abs might be false activating now. make sure the tone ring or the sensor isnt damaged. I cant remember how those 2wds are set up.
  2. ChallengerDave

Looking for tonneau cover strikers

Picked mine up for 50 bucks on CL. I couldnt believe it when I i saw how much they wanted. good shape. only cost me 30 for two keys matched to the locks. but they do me no good without the strikers. Im sure the dealer will sell them for 25-30 each.
  3. ChallengerDave

Looking for tonneau cover strikers

Im sure im not the only one around here looking. Got a killer deal on a factory hard cover but they didn't have the bed strikers as usual. got a new set of keys made but I still cant find a set of strikers anywhere. I searched all the junk yards around here but it seems sport tracs are just so...
  4. ChallengerDave

Moog Caster/Camber kit moving after set

I have had a problem with mine coming loose. They dont seem to fit tight in the bushing. If I get to into it going into a turn one way or another I can hear them pop out of place.
  5. ChallengerDave

U joint

Yes replace both, at least I do. not worth having to pull it back out when the other joint goes.
  6. ChallengerDave

Popped the CEL cherry.

My fix was fuel injector cleaner and sea foam through the intake. What ever it was fixed it. Im guessing I had leaking injectors.
  7. ChallengerDave

floor shifter

I was planning on something like this but it got derailed when I decided to do a manual conversion instead.
  8. ChallengerDave

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

Haha, seems these trucks enjoy the snow. Well the trac got a workout this weekend, from moving to a new job to flinging some mudd. My "buddy" directed me to a part of his property that should have "some" mud and obstacles to have fun with. About 30 yards in a felt the trac suddenly start to...
  9. ChallengerDave

Center console shifter

Something I have been wanting to do since I bought the truck. I forgot exactly what year explorer they started doing the shifter in the center. Dont know if I should steal a whole center console from a newer explorer or I should look into other vehicle. Maybe this is something I can work into...
  10. ChallengerDave

Massive Oil Leak

well that crush sleeve is there to set the pre load on the bearings, too much and you will burn up the bearings, too loose and you will have unnecessary play. I may be wrong but i do not think this is to far different than the diff in my dodge. So basically by blasting that nut as tight as you...
  11. ChallengerDave

Massive Oil Leak

make sure your vent isnt plugged. Id start there.
  12. ChallengerDave

I went from a 2wd sport which was almost completely useless to one of these. Then I got a decent job, but my wallet too stays empty and full of cob webs. This site does a great job of making us sport trac owners broke, and luring in new victims. This seems to be an addiction nobody wants to...
  13. ChallengerDave

Awesome weather allowed for some work

Haha, I just did mine a week ago. Im with midnight, I may be going straight axle soon enough. Once I get all my other stuff done like rock sliders and the hidden winch ill be upgrading.
  14. ChallengerDave

Seat belt switch

I really haven't had the time to look too far into it, but has anyone had a problem with the switch not working when you buckle. The alarm is driving me nuts. Anybody run into this?
  15. ChallengerDave

Damn I like the Idea of that! Its cheaper and gives me the satisfaction of having my welds on there. And that is some serious steel on there.
  16. ChallengerDave

Yeah buddy! Cant wait to install this baby and hit the trails, anyone recommend any diff covers?
  17. ChallengerDave

15" wheels vs. 16"

I have American Racing Baja wheels to clear the calipers iust fine.
  18. ChallengerDave

Playing in the snow Not only did i get a hell of a deal on the tires. I just bought a snap on mig welder and a brand new lockright locker for the rear for 300. Winning
  19. ChallengerDave

Could use some guidance

I know for some weird reason my belt tensioner has a weird rattle or noise like your explaining, I just have not gotten around to changing it. If you are speaking about the door panels rattling, could be someone removed them for some reason before and never replaced the bad xmas tree clips or...
  20. ChallengerDave

I just stole some tires.........

They do sit just about knee level, im 6' 1''.
  21. ChallengerDave

cruise control noise

I though it was that damn zip tie I put in there promising me 100 more hp. Just been too damn lazy to cut it out.
  22. ChallengerDave

They are non directional surprisingly. They need some mud on them for sure, getting real sick of all this salt coating my truck.
  23. ChallengerDave

Sorry for all the pain I may have caused by the picture wait. I truly love to look now compared to the wimpy all-terrains.
  24. ChallengerDave

Well I did the necessary trimming at the shop not to long ago and i....i...... well I forgot to take pics. plz dont hurt me. But either way they ride great, alot less road noise then I was expecting. Hopefully I sure have a trail date coming up very soon to test these babies out. Im sure they...
  25. ChallengerDave

they were discounted because a customer special ordered them. in the end he didn't want them I guess they were sitting there for a couple months. apparently they could not return them because they're special ordered. Yes they are the ones with Kevlar
Back