Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

The ongoing war...BFG A/T KO's vs. Bridgeston Dueler A/T Revo's

A Road tire vs All Terrain It goes back to what I said earlier according to Bridgestone, the Revo's are a road tire! I have quoted their site repeatedly and it's their words. Go to their site and see for yourself. As far as living in the snow, I live in Southern Ca. at 7200 feet and we get...
  2. B

Rancho5000s vs. Monroe Sensatrac

I have the Sensatrac's and have really enjoy them. They have done a great job on road and off-road I have had the X airborn a few times have never really bottomed out. But again the on road performance has been outstanding. I know there are better shocks out there, but they are in my opinion a...
  3. B

quotes from Bridgestone This is really getting silly. The links I placed for Bridgestone tires web site has a tire selector, where it describes both the Revo and the Dueler A/T with UNI-T The tread on the Revo is much more like a street tire as described by Bridgestone “With its powerful grip...
  4. B

lonestar I agree 100%. The BFG's AT/KO's are not the best off-road tire by any means. But they do have thicker sidewalls that will hold up better when aired down and crawling over large sharp rocks. They are also rated a 9 out of 10 in mud and snow. BTW the X isn't the end all 4X4 either...
  5. B

At Tires? At least off-road clubs and publications take the BFG KO's Seriously. Just take a look at the land trails and issues pages. Find the toughest rails they've run, and look for Revo's. You will find the BFG AT/KO's and MT's there...
  6. B

BFG Long Trail Michelin and BFG are the same company. The Long Trails are no way comparable to the BFG AT/KO’s. I had a set of the Long Trails and they do suck, and replaced them ASAP. I have also used Wranglers, they suck, Yokahamma Supper Diggers a decent tire, and a few others. But the BFG...
  7. B

As far as warrenty I guess it depends on where you go to buy the BFG's. I have a lifetime full replacement warranty on everything except tread wear. I was on a construction site and hit a 6-inch metal spike with 20,000 on the tire and America's Tire replaced the damaged tire with a brand new...
  8. B

Bridgestone firestone Just a reality check, Bridgestone and Firestone are the same company http://www.bridgestone-firestone.com/ Using their tire selector they place the Revo below the Bridgestone Dueler A/T with UNI-T in off road ability. Which reinforces Ken's statements about the two...
  9. B

4X4 review just read a review that basically stated the Revo was a very good all around tire. That it is not a serious off road tire, and does poorly in the mud, but does a good job on most stock to lightly modified Light Trucks and SUV's for wet dry and snowy pavement conditions. The...
  10. B

BFG Noise I can honestly say that the BFG AT/KO's are not that loud. The lugs grab firmly in the snow up here in Big Bear where it does snow in Southern Ca. at 7000 feet above sea level, and if I roll the windows up on my X there's no noise problem at all. The Duelers I had were ok, but the...
  11. B

BFG the way to go I've had Dunlops Desert Duelers, Goodyears Wranlers ATS, and BFG AT/TA KO's and up here in the san Bernadino Mtn's the BFG's kick butt in all conditions. I have a 98 Eplorer XLT and replaced the original tires asap. I forgot what they were, but they sucked. I also had Desert...
  12. B

Wheelin' @ Big Bear 30 & 31

weather For the last few weeks we've had rain about every other day. Some have been pretty heavy and have changed the offroad conditions (falling rock etc.) But they say they that by this weekend it should be cleared up. Good luck,
  13. B

Best type of jack for an F-250

Do the High jacks attach to the bumper? Because if they do the bumber is about two and a half to three feet from the ground. Put it this was, the bumper is higher from the ground than my knee and I'm 6'1" and the hood is at about arm pit high or a little higher to me I've never seen a high...
  14. B

James that was the problem, being off road the truck was not perfectly level, so when the 2.5 ton floor jack lifted the front tire off the ground it began bending the jack to the down hill side. After we got the tire off we took a hammer to it, and tried to straighten out, but you can see it's...
  15. B

I was confused but get the idea you go along with the hydrolic hand jack. Someone said the floor jacks where the only way to go, but I can't see carrying one around, they are expensive and the last 2.1/2 ton floor jack bent on us. Thats why I was thinking about a bottle type hydrolic jack. I...
  16. B

I just bought an 89 Ford F-250 lifted with 36" swampers on it. My buddy and I went out and got a flat about 4 miles in the woods. THe jack that wasa in the truck was a Bumper jack that really did not want to lift the truck so he had to walk out and then a mile or so down to a phone box. He got...
  17. B

off-road wal-mart tires?

I don't work here or anything like that, but I bought my tires at a place called America's Tire Co http://www.discounttire.com/dtc/home.jsp I bought my BFG AT/K'O's there the 31X10.50 15s where $110 per installed they had free installation and a $50.00 rebate at the time, and they always come...
  18. B

Splicing wires for power supply

Thanks for the guidance to run the wires Bill. I was looking around and really didn't see any free space, so that is a big help.
  19. B

I'm sorry the owner said it draws 10 amps not 12 he was using a home power supply because was using it as part of his garage stereo .I bought it on e-bay it's a no name black amp. There is some writing on it that I can't read, and it looks like a sticker used to be on the bottom but was...
  20. B

Thanks I will be installing it next week using a 12 amp fuse and 10 gauge wire if I can get it through the firewall. I really do appreciate your help on this so thanks again. Bob
  21. B

I want to put an amp in my truck, the amp draws 12 amps so I was wondering if I could strip a wire say going to the radio and run the amp off of it. I also have one 18-gauge wire going straight to the battery that the C.B. attached to can I use it as a power source or do I have to run another...
  22. B

32's vs 31's

What do you think about going with just the 32's though Ken? I'm not sure I would have to trim anything at all with the. I know the 33's would make a bigger difference, but I don't think I would have to regear my 373 LS rear end with 32's.
  23. B

32's vs 31's

Yes I still have the original rims,I don't doubt you but there seems to be plenty of room all around the wheel well. But like I said I am getting a little of the polising effect on the antisway bar in the front. When I went from the 235x75r 15's the looks of the X went up more than a few...
  24. B

32's vs 31's

OK with a 1.25" TT and Shackle lift will 32X11.50, fit without having to do a whole lot of trimming?
  25. B

32's vs 31's

I know 33's would be a great way to go, but it does cost allot to make the mods, and I'll probably buy an early 90's late 80's 4X when I can get it together. The X just gets us out right now, but an older Ranger. or maybe F-150 4X4 is where I think I'm headed in the next year or so. I've seen to...
Back