1995 explorer xlt | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1995 explorer xlt

1. M

RPMS surging on acceleration

I have a 1995 explorer for with 190k miles, I can't for the life of me figure out what is going on. 1. I'll get a random check engine light but 5 different scanners won't read it 2. Engine starts fine and runs just fine on a cold start but once it warms up my RPMs surge from 2500k to 0 and back...
  2. K

Soft brakes

I was doing my typical service today and I noticed a leak coming from my axle. I only noticed this because I pulled the rotor seeing as the leak was coming off my dust cover. I put back on my right rear rotor, I put on the caliper etc. And finished up. As I am pulling my explorer out of the...
  3. S

Center Console extension

The console on my 95 Explorer XLT stops at about the seat fronts, with a couple of cup holders, leaving a vast expanse of carpeted hump between it and the dash. Is there a forward component that can be installed to continue the console from where it ends now to under the dash? It would look way...
  4. S

1995 Explorer XLT Mint Green

Just found this forum, wish I had known about it before. Excuse my ignorance, but if I want to exchange information with others who also have a 1995 Explorer XLT, where is the appropriate forum for that? I love my truck, it's only got 62K on it, it's my trailhead truck. But would like to...
  5. T

1995 Explorer XLT 4x4 for Sale

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/5144088850.html We are the original owners (& still have all the paperwork / Owner's VHS) of this Explorer and have loved it. Unfortunately, it needs yet another transmission. While I would love to put the money into it, my better judgement says enough. I'm...
  6. K

1995 misfire/lugging engine...HELP!

Okay. Here's the situation: I have been having off and on misfires for almost the past 6 months now. what started out as rarely happening is now becoming a trend. I first blamed it on my bad trans, but that has since been replaced by a new rebuilt one. This happens usually when the Ex is...
  7. D

O/D Off Flashing

I just recently got a rebuilt auto trans put in my 95 explorer. Last night the O/D off light started flashing like when my trans was replaced. Its shifting hard when I slow down. Is this common in explorers? Is this a cheap fix?
  8. RiccoFX

Rear Switch won't lock doors, will only unlock doors!

Have a 1995, which has a rear switch at the back for the doorlocks, for locking and unlocking doors, but it seems it'll only unlock the doors, but will not lock them! I have checked the switch and confirm that it is working correctly, it is grounding out the Pink/Yellow and Pink/Green wires...
Back