• Register Today It's free!

1994 ranger automatic Hubs

Jerry L Young

Reaction score
City, State
Elkview, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford ranger XLT
I bought a set of hubs from ebay and they are doing the same thing as my original ones. the gears within the hub turns freely without turning the hub. the way I understood these hubs were, was when the axles turned the force would turn causing the automatic hubs to lock on the axle which would turn the wheel. with the hub off the truck and the locking device off of spindle and putting it into the hub assembly the gears inside turn not the whole hub. So would not these be bad as well? Please help

I bought a set of hubs from ebay and they are doing the same thing as my original ones. the gears within the hub turns freely without turning the hub. the way I understood these hubs were, was when the axles turned the force would turn causing the automatic hubs to lock on the axle which would turn the wheel. with the hub off the truck and the locking device off of spindle and putting it into the hub assembly the gears inside turn not the whole hub. So would not these be bad as well? Please help

Lots of info here an how to test your auto hubs

Diagnosing automatic locking hub problems

Back