Solved - 1998 - 2002 Ford Explorer Stereo Wiring Diagrams ARE HERE!!!!! | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 1998 - 2002 Ford Explorer Stereo Wiring Diagrams ARE HERE!!!!!

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
Hello, I have an 02 Explorer with the 6 CD changer stereo with steering wheel controls for it. The radio had a short in it and was draining my battery (I hear this is common?) so I bought a new double din BOSS radio to replace it. It supposedly can hook up to my steering wheel audio controls (volume etc..) but I cannot find any wiring diagrams that explain to me what wires in the plugs that came out of the OEM stereo go to the wheel and where. Also I have one plug I pulled from the back of the OEM radio that is large but only has 2 wires in it. I have no clue if any of these diagrams in this thread are what I am looking to find out. Can someone help me please? I was able to get one after market plug that got my new radio hooked up and working but I would like to get the steering wheel controls connected too. Please help me?

Back