B2300 idol air/fuel problems!! Please give a look & help if u can!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

B2300 idol air/fuel problems!! Please give a look & help if u can!!!!

curtisH

Reaction score
City, State
funshredz@hotmail.com
Year, Model & Trim Level
funshredz@hotmail.com
Hey guys! I also am having wierd problems with my 96 MAZDA B2300. over the last few months i have been experiencing idol problems. It likes to either run at 400 or 2200 rpm. when i take my feet off the pedals it goes up to 2200 and when i bring it down in gear it will either go back up or sit for a second at normal idol but then drop down to 400. many have said it could be a vacuum leak. I have re gaped the spark plugs, tongue tested the EGR valve, new EGR vacuum solenoid, new idol control solenoid, new fuel filter (witch was horribly dirty) new Throttle position Sensor, cleaned throttle body and hunted through the vacuum hoses for a leak. still nothing. It all started with an EGR problem. I tested it with a hose and my tongue. it seemed to still be working properly. i had bought a new one to put on but when i took the old one off to test it we ended up using the old one because it still worked(never put the new one on). we took the new one back and returned it for a vacuum solenoid and put it on. then after resetting the check engine light and about 30 miles of driving the light came on again. this time with code p1506 "TPS".So I replaced it. but it came up again after driving it 40 or so miles. this time it had three codes. p1506 and code p0303 "misfire#3" came up as well as p0171. could there be TOO MUCH AIR OR FUEL? Also while diving I found that it likes to blow hot air on my feet while driving but yet the heater controls don't work and nether does the a/c since its bypassed on the serpentine belt. it only blows through the front window defrosters. I recently ripped the dash apart curiously looking for vacuum leaks. CAN VACUUM LEAKS IN THE A/C CAUSE IDOL PROBLEM'S?come to find out there was a huge quarter sized hole in my unit covered with wore out duct tape. it was just behind the glove box. fixed it with a piece of plastic and some gorilla glue adhesive. Also i found the brake and clutch bracket was cracked and wore out so i also replaced it. Still nothing different it doesn't seem to be the fuel pump since its getting fuel, but not sure about the pressure? maybe its the K&N aftermarket intake or the MAF? or the timing? or something with the fuel lines and valves? or maybe there's still a vacuum leak? What A PAIN!! PLEASE HELP!!

curt's mazda

ok so now im on to testing the fuel pressure. the fuel pressure check will determine if its the fuel pump or a clogged something right? autozone sells it for 45$. still sketchy about the misfire code
thanks guys!

Back