Battery Light Flashing & Low Battery Gauge | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Battery Light Flashing & Low Battery Gauge

I went outside after work to leave, battery gauge was fine no battery light. o_O

So I went on my way home and the damn thing turned back on. I got off the highway and went to autozone, they checked it out for me again. He said the alternator and battery are good and that it might be an electrional problem.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you check the fuses that ragajungle mentioned? also you may be losing voltage from an exposed wire, that could account for the light and gauge but I dont think it would drain the battery. What a bloody dillema!:banghead:

No I must've missed that... i'll go back and look in the thread for it.

OMG i'm really starting to hate this exploder.

So it did it to me again... I was driving on the highway coming home from work and all of sudden I lost the RPM's, then the ABS light came on, then the seatbelt light came on, then the lights starting dimming, no turn singals, then the MPHs. I made it to the off ramp about a mile away from my house. UGHHHH!!! Thank god a couple finally stopped, gave me a jump... which I barely made it home, lost everything again then it died as soon as I pulled in. It's super cold out right now to do anything... The guy that jumped me say it def wasn't my battery...

Mate, I'm at a loss. Try doing a search on electrical problems and see if any threads match the combined problems youre having, that might give you a place to start in the morning.

I know it's and old thread, but for those searching I've had this happen a couple times. All things point to the Alternator, Battery, ground issues and should be looked at, but check the connection of the MAIN wiring harness on the fire wall. It has one 10mm bolt and I have had to disconnect it, clean the pins with electronics cleaners and put it back together. Do this very carefully as there are many pins that you don't want to mangle or break. I found this with the help on a friend. I gently wiggled suspect connections while he watched the battery light. When it started flashing due to my wiggling it I know that was the bad connection!

Back