Chart of routine maintenance?

PPro

Reaction score
City, State
Whitmore Lake, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Sport
Everyones heard it "Replace the ____ every XX,000 miles."

With so many things to check its hard to keep track of what milage for what parts. Is there any type of chart or graph out there that outlines most of the big ticket checkups that are milage related? (IE- fluids, spark plugs, other electrical, cleaning, etc etc)

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a maintenance guide that came with your Explorer that tells what should be at each mileage interval.

other post said his X didn't come with any books... Do you know how to use Excel? Just make a spreadsheet of common things, oil changes, radiator fills, major surgery, of who/when/where/why/etc. That's how i track mine. Works pretty well, only thing that sucks is the ammount of paper i print (especially as of late) to keep a current copy in the truck. :/

Also, if you just got the truck, and don't know the history, do the little things first anyways, even if it doesn't need them, it'll be money well spent so you can sleep at night. :) Plugs/wires/oil change/radiator flush/tire balance and if needed alignment/battery. Shouldn't be more than a few hundred bucks said and done... Biggest pricetag in that list is the alignment or the flush. probably both right around 80 bucks.

Remember, cars will ALWAYS tell you if they need something. :) Sometimes gracefully like "hey phil, i think i'm due for an oil change"... more often than not however it's "HEY PHIL I DON'T LIKE YOUR TONE OF VOICE, I'M GOING TO STOP NOW AND NOT GIVE YOU ANY INDICATION OF WHAT'S WRONG! HAVE FUN WITH THEM APPLES, B!TCH!"

Or maybe that's just my truck... Who knows.

Yeah I can use xcel, and I could make my own.

I was just wondering if anybody had already done the hard work for me. :)

Thanks.

I would think that the maintenance routine for a '00 Ex would be pretty similar to an '04 or '05. You could always go to the dealer and ask them to make a copy of a current one for you. Those things are just guidelines anyway. If you keep an eye on things, you'll know when to do maintenance.

BUMP....

PPRO..enjoy the holidays and forget about making a schedule with excel, its already done and on the ford website. fill in the blanks and you have your schedule.

happy new year

Back