• Register Today It's free!

Check out this customized X!!

My98xplorer

Reaction score
City, State
lakeland fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

interesting for sure

I saw a photo of that thing in an earlier discussion.

Personally, I think it's an eyesore.

I remember this from before. I like the front end, but HATE the back...

Front end is all right, but the rear is ugly.

Damn, I think i've seen that truck before, minus the BMW front end. I thought i had pics of it online but i guess they're back home.

when i read bmw front end i thought of expo5.0......but alas it was not his truck....i thought he got fed up, quit the forum and was selling the truck..but i was wrong

they didnt even remove and fill the rear lights with sheetmetal, or they did a bad hack job... looks liek they just painted over the real taillihgts.... and that corvette bumper?! ewwww... might be ok on a chevy truck, but its a ford... also i dont really care for the front end... it has like 3 grills!

Why all the bashing. I like the uniqueness of the whole thing. I'm into SAS explorers, but you can tell someone put a lot of TLC into this thing. you have to appreciate it, there is not another like it.

Not that I would be seen it, but I can see why someone would be proud of it.

Real nice, except for the rear. Corvette rear-ends don't look good on anything, and only look OK on Corvettes. Are those stock seats that are just painted?

huskyfan23 said:
Real nice, except for the rear. Corvette rear-ends don't look good on anything, and only look OK on Corvettes. Are those stock seats that are just painted?

I seriously hope they wouldn't do all that work and then just paint the seats! But no, they don't look like stock because of the ribbing. I can't picture an X with any seats of that style.

From directly front on view I think the front looks pretty sweet, but the back is FUGLY :thumbdwn:

I agree with Black Magic and most of the other comments so far. Bad idea in the first place, but he did a pretty good job building it.

jimabena74 said:
they didnt even remove and fill the rear lights with sheetmetal, or they did a bad hack job... looks liek they just painted over the real taillihgts.... and that corvette bumper?! ewwww... might be ok on a chevy truck, but its a ford... also i dont really care for the front end... it has like 3 grills!

I was looking closely at the rear lights and decided that it looks like he must have have them cut out. The rear bumper could be easily changed out with a different custom rollpan. It has 185k on the engine, though it looks good, how long will the engine hold out?

I wonder what the reserve on that is? What's he expecting to get?

His Cardomain says $8500, and he states "as is".

That one needs to be put to sleep.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First, I DO like his system setup (not the doors) and the center console.

I'll give him props for the front end because he blended it pretty good, but the rear, holy ****. He didn't even try to mold the pan. And he could have thought of something better than vette lights.

Back