Code B229b and b2290

Victor812

Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 ford explorer
Hi everyone,
I'm new at this, my name is victor just need information on how serious are these codes. I need to drive 90 miles to make it home can I do it. The codes are B229b and B2290 thanks

Have you noticed any hard starting or other problems while driving?

The b2290 code is the occupant classification system. The code is for the passenger seat sensor while it could be the sensor or corrosion in the connector under the seat most of the time it is the battery in the car going bad. Batteries usually last between 3 and 5 years (some longer some shorter) now if yours is newer that doesn't mean it's good go have it checked. This code unless its is a bad battery (no start) you should be able to make it home but if you have a passenger that side airbag will not deploy

The b229b thats a new one to me but a quick search and here is one thread and solution.
Urgent Help B229B Car Wont Start

It's possible both codes could be caused by a dying battery. If you try clearing the codes and they come back or don't clear then you know the condition is current and its a problem. The only code that could cause you not to make it the 90 miles home is the b229b.

Back