EE Airdam, yay or nay... | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EE Airdam, yay or nay...

i see, why don't you add pontiac gtp style louvers? thats what i would do. (then again maybe we should deliverately make our explorers different, i've seen our "style" referred to as like one)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, I dont think I'm willing to do really custom work like that. That would probably look pretty cool tho.

About the style. We cant help it that they look so good. :D There are now 2 explorers by me with dual exhaust and billet grilles. O well.

really? there are tons of expo5.0 clones around here, too. they have stock explorers with huge ford stickers and exhaust tips (this is not a joke there are three or four of these at my old high school or so my brother tells me)

Funny thing about that EE hood blister, it's even featured in their catalogue for $149.95. Yet, when you ask about it, they act as if they have no idea what you're talking about. :eek:

Yeah, when I called today, the lady said they have not had it available since they put in in the catalog and are currently looking for a company to make them. She told me to keep checking the website because they will post it there when it becomes available. I'm sure it will be the same as the SOHC blower... You MIGHT see it in 2 years.

Originally posted by 98FordX24
Well, the reason I'm after one right now is because I'm going to the bodyshop to have my bullet hole fixed /B]
ok, now, youve GOT to explain this...:eek:

It's not really a bullet hole. I think it was a BB or pellet gun... or maybe even a rock.
attachment.php

Ouch, just missed the glass!

where did that happen? you weren't in the car were you?

That happened when I went to PA to meet up with the eXtremeXplorers 2 weeks ago. We were out at Paragon and when we got back it was like that. I was pissed.

That door has already been repainted once because of some f*$#ers with eggs and that window has been replaced because I found all kinds of glass under the carpet near that door when I was running wires. Maybe I should just take the door off so nothing else bad happens. :banghead:

yea, put a different color door on there (like maroon, with some primer spots) and i guarantee you it will never be harmed again (karma).:p

Does anyone have EE's "sport airdam"
the one with the round holes????
06125.jpg

if ya do post pics, also what lights lgo in it?

yuck.....that one looks weird for the reasons we described above for it looking like it has 3 bumpers on it.

i dont think anyone here (from memory) has that one. actually, its a good looking airdam on the wrong truck. like said above, it looks like stacked bumpers. but, if you like it, go for it. you will be original.

oh no, i dont really like it, i was just wondering if anyone has it, ive never seen it on a truck other than this pic....

i don't even think its on that truck. look at the pick, i think it was just zip tied on there for about half an hour to take the pics for their catalog. i'd be pretty surprised also if anyone else has ever bought that thing.

the right hand side of that thing looks very unlevel

yeah, thats what led to my conclusion about it not really being on there. btw- how ugly is that truck? it gives modified explorers a bad name and it has tons of EE crap=big money in it

Bill Kemp has the EE sport dam. It doesnt look bad on his truck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That really isn't EE's product, it's a Xenon's, it's just sold at EE.

Stacked bumper syndrome is the reason most shy away from that airdam.

Back