1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Ford man all the way

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Muddog1605, August 20, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Muddog1605

Muddog1605 New Member

City, State:
    Franklin KY
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2002 Ford sports trac
    I've been a Ford man all my life. My first car was a 65 mustang when I was 18. Now I'm 56 and own a 2013 F-150 and love it. Before this I had a 2002 Ford sports Trac and I gave it to my oldest daughter. The timing chain went out so instead of fixing it we got a new motor for it. Changed the motor out and now it won't move any help would be appreciated. Transmission shop said the torque converter was bad so we put a new one in it and it's doing the same thing. I feel bad for her and need some real help and I go to google and it kelp sending me here. If I'm doing this wrong I'm sorry but after spending all most 7 grand we're hoping for the best answer. I told her we may have to put a new transmission in it but we're looking at another 2000 to 2500 dollars. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Mike65

Mike65 Elite Explorer

Media:
    City, State:
    Toms River, NJ
    00 Ranger 4x4, 99 Sport
    Welcome. Last year I had the auto trans rebuilt in my 2000 Ranger 4x4 & it cost me $3,000.00. Pull the dip stick & smell the fluid & check the color of the fluid, & report back. If the fluid is brown & smells burnt it will most likely need a re build.

4. Muddog1605

Muddog1605 New Member

City, State:
    Franklin KY
    2002 Ford sports trac
    We put all new fluids in it after we put the motor in it. It was fine before the motor jumped time. She was going down the interstate and just lost all the compression. Had a roll back to bring it home ordered a new motor and it hasn't moved scene. Is it a way to get air in it to keep it from moving.

5. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
  6. Spudhut

Spudhut US Navy Submariner Elite Explorer

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    Bentonville, AR
    1997 Explorer Sport - 4x4
    Callsign:
    KG5SPB
  7. SBK_

SBK_ New Member

City, State:
    San Jose, CA
    2018 Base Explorer
    Great !
    I like Ford products too but I sometimes don't understand why Ford designed and released products like the Ford Focus with so many issues that Ford had to fix and buy back from customers, ending up costing Ford a fortune. Ford shot itself in the foot with the Focus.
    I don't own a Focus but know someone who had owned one and had to bring it back for transmission issues. Ford had to buy back the cars after so many customers sued Ford.