• Register Today It's free!

Ford man all the way

Muddog1605

Reaction score
City, State
Franklin KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford sports trac
I've been a Ford man all my life. My first car was a 65 mustang when I was 18. Now I'm 56 and own a 2013 F-150 and love it. Before this I had a 2002 Ford sports Trac and I gave it to my oldest daughter. The timing chain went out so instead of fixing it we got a new motor for it. Changed the motor out and now it won't move any help would be appreciated. Transmission shop said the torque converter was bad so we put a new one in it and it's doing the same thing. I feel bad for her and need some real help and I go to google and it kelp sending me here. If I'm doing this wrong I'm sorry but after spending all most 7 grand we're hoping for the best answer. I told her we may have to put a new transmission in it but we're looking at another 2000 to 2500 dollars. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome. Last year I had the auto trans rebuilt in my 2000 Ranger 4x4 & it cost me $3,000.00. Pull the dip stick & smell the fluid & check the color of the fluid, & report back. If the fluid is brown & smells burnt it will most likely need a re build.

We put all new fluids in it after we put the motor in it. It was fine before the motor jumped time. She was going down the interstate and just lost all the compression. Had a roll back to bring it home ordered a new motor and it hasn't moved scene. Is it a way to get air in it to keep it from moving.

Welcome to this forum! Check the shift linkage, fluid level in the transmission, read codes, check the connection of the wires on the DTRS, and check the hydraulic pressure on the main port plus the EPC test port.

I've been a Ford man all my life.

Great !
I like Ford products too but I sometimes don't understand why Ford designed and released products like the Ford Focus with so many issues that Ford had to fix and buy back from customers, ending up costing Ford a fortune. Ford shot itself in the foot with the Focus.
I don't own a Focus but know someone who had owned one and had to bring it back for transmission issues. Ford had to buy back the cars after so many customers sued Ford.

Back