• Register Today It's free!

Front stabilizer bushings

AKJello

Reaction score
City, State
Crestview, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 XLT
Has anyone replaced the front stablizer bushings? Mine are creaking like crazy. If anyone has done these I would appreciate any helpful advice.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are not that hard to change,once I had mine off the truck I used a torch to burn them out.Hank has real good deals on Daystars poly bushings:D

I changed the bushings on my "99 front bar as well as the end links. See Dead Link Removed

Oh what a difference.....

I did mine a few months back. Mine were creaking real bad as well. I had to order the front poly bushing set from Explorer Express because Hank didn't have them for 95 and up Explorers at that time. He may still not have them. I don't know. At the same time I ordered the rears from EE. I would have ordered all from Hank if he would have had the fronts.

The best advice I can give is to take your time and use the lube. The frame mount bushings go on hard because they are so stiff compared to the worn out rubber ones you take off. Here is a link to pics I took of the front ones I took off.

There is also a pic of the rear polys I put in. I didn't take any pics of the old rear end links because I had to torch them out. I suppose if I had a press or took them to a shop they could have been pressed out.

Now the ball joints are in need of replacement soon. When I do them, or have them done, I am going to go with Moog replacement parts. Better than stock and are greasable. Good luck.

Originally posted by mikefox
There is also a pic of the rear polys I put in. I didn't take any pics of the old rear end links because I had to torch them out. I suppose if I had a press or took them to a shop they could have been pressed out.

Where, oh where did you get poly end link bushings for the rear? I have been searching forever it seems.

Thanks....

Thanks for the help. I'll let you know

Originally posted by aldive
Where, oh where did you get poly end link bushings for the rear? I have been searching forever it seems.
Thanks....

Originally posted by mikefox
At the same time I ordered the rears from EE.

Aldive, Look up... It was in his original post

Originally posted by jimabena74
Aldive, Look up... It was in his original post

Explorer Express does not sell rear sway bar end link poly bushings, at least that is what they told me.

Aldive, they are made only for 95-97 from Explorer Express. According to their web site. They don't list 98 and newer. Sorry for any misleading info in my first post.

No problem, Damn,,,, though I might have found a source.

HELP..............

Who is Hank?
Here is a place that has rear Daystar kits for around $30.
Dead Link Removed
Rob

Hank is a member on the board that sells Daystars,when you buy from him it helps the forum:D

Go to the members section and look up his name there it will have his e-mail address:D

Originally posted by InspectoRob
Who is Hank?
Here is a place that has rear Daystar kits for around $30.
Dead Link Removed
Rob

That IS Hank......

Yeah, I discovered that after looking him up and viewing his personal site. That is double good, support this site and lowest prices I have found too! When I buy, I will buy form Hank.
Thanks
Rob

Back