Gabriel VST.........what ones????

Pedaler8090

Reaction score
City, State
Greenfield, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT
Hi all,

I've done research here regarding new shocks and it looks like the Gabriel VST is the way to go. I'm just not sure what ones to get. This is for a stock X that sees
only highway use. Looking for good ride with improved
handling. So what ones should I get?

Gabriel Gas Ryder, gas shocks ($16.00 ea.)
Gabriel Sport Ryder, gas shocks ($18.00 ea.)
Gabriel Gas Ryder, LT ($20.00 ea.)
Gabriel Max Control Monotube, gas shocks ($45.00 ea.)

Thanks for your help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think I had the Gas Ryder LT VST and they were pretty good. Make sure the ones you get have the VST valving. I didn't know about those monotubes, I assume they'll be much better, but my cheapos treated me well for about 35k miles until I got lift shocks.

my VSTs have lasted 40,000 miles so far they are a lot stiffer than the stock shocks though. I don't know of any shock that's as soft as those.

I replace the stock shocks and put a pair of Gabriel VST on the front of my 92' X. The handling and ride changes (for good, of course) dramatically!

Geat bargain, and they are gas charged, too, maybe that because they are soft that the other ones.

Andy:chug:

Originally posted by andypinto
I replace the stock shocks and put a pair of Gabriel VST on the front of my 92' X. The handling and ride changes (for good, of course) dramatically!

Geat bargain, and they are gas charged, too, maybe that is the reason because they are soft that the other ones.

Andy:chug:

Back