• Register Today It's free!

Header recomendation

Keith

Reaction score
City, State
Northport, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 VW Jetta
I have a 97 sport and I'm thinking about headers for it. I have the borla cat-back alreay. I was thinking borla or BBK. I was also think what it the best thing to coat them with to lowwer the temp.
Thanx
Keith

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Both of those are very good headers - I believe the BBK is cheaper in price though.
Borla - $400
BBK - $300 or so

Jet hot coating will definitely lower the temps.
Also, try looking into JBA headers. They are awesome and might yield a little more horsepower; however, are a little more expensive $450. Could expect 15 - 35hp gains. And have the factory option for Jet coating - extra $180.00

Hi Keith,
I was just wondering. Do you have the 4.0OHV, the 4.0SOHC or the 5.0 V8.
I have a 4.0SOHC and can't find Headers for it anywhere. Borla, flowmaster, no one makes headers for the SOHC. If you find someone, Please let me know.
Thanks. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L. :)
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

Well I just purchased some JBA Racing Headers and they are supposed to be pretty good. Here is a link to 95+ Explorers which may be what you have. I can't remember if its the pushrod in the new Explorers with eh SOHC or not. So here is a link. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Ryan Penner
1992 Explorer Sport

I have the 4.0 ohv

I have Borla headers with Thermo-Tec header wrap on my 91. The wrap really keeps things much cooler under the hood. I've changed plugs on it after driving 50 miles without burning my hand on the headers (even with the back plug that everyone complains about). The install is a major pain, but the gains are well worth it. I've been running mine for a little over a year now and am very happy with Borla's design.
Oh, BTW, the Borla headers were about $330 from Summit racing.

------------------
Danny
93SHO
91EB
www.hit.net/~danny/explorer.html

[This message has been edited by danny (edited 08-06-1999).]

Back