I need help with a 92 Ford Explorer. It doesn't start. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I need help with a 92 Ford Explorer. It doesn't start.

dexterljones

Reaction score
City, State
san jose, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
Hello to everyone and I am pleased to join this club. I inherted a 92 explorer xlt and at the present time I am having a no start problem. I have a factory alarm and after replacing the battery, regulator on the firewall, alternator, starter, and water pump, I can not start vehicle I only get a clicking sound can someone help and maybe give me some sort of wiring diagram for the alarm system which I think maybe the root of my problem. Thanks

I have a 2002 Exp 4WD needing an engine. It has 160K miles on it. Don't want to do an engine only to need a trans. THat said with medium to light driving conditions, (not hard) how long does the trans usually last?

Dexter: it could be corrosion in the cables. Pull back some of the insulation and check for corrosion. it could also be a relay in the power distribution box. The key triggers a relay which triggers the solenoid which put power to the starter.

Back