• Register Today It's free!

Interesting problem

Nok23

Reaction score
City, State
ukiah, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992, Ford Explorer XLT
So, recently this issue had become a reoccurring issue .. every morning I go start my 1992 explorer and to get the audio system to turn in, I have to go and remove save reinsert every 15a fuse in my fuse box! Not every time I start it, but every morning. I have never encountered this before or heard of it .. any advice would be epic, as I'm at a loss here .. highly inconvenient. Also, I'm about to install a 900watt pioneer amp. Don't know why I posted that last bit ..

Every 15a fuse, or just the one for the radio? I know you said "every", but hard to imagine why you'd need to pull the (e.g.) wiper fuse unless you tapped into that circuit for the radio. Has it always been this way, or did you (a) change the radio/head unit, (b) do any other wiring like new LCD off-road lamp panel, or (c) have damage repaired where the body shop may have helped berfangle your wiring issues?

I have not tapped into any fuses. I did change the hu .. but this started way after the installation. No new wiring except for the amp/subwoofer. And that was after this started. Haven't been to a shop in awhile .. I'm at a loss as to what's causing this and it baffles everyone's mind

Your best bet is to pull the head unit and re-run or physically check every wire. Did you tap into the constant-on clock power wire for anything else? Is your ground good, not loose?

Back