Just ordered my Shackles! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just ordered my Shackles!

Looks good man, I had Rancho 9000XL's with MyRide Wireless Remote System on it until the fine Pittsburgh roads broke the driverside front going up one of the worst streets known to man one too many times. I still have the rears and the whole MyRide Wireless Remote System. I replaced them with Monroe Sensitracs, needed cheap fast replacement since I was rolling around on three shocks for about a week. Again, I can't wait to be able to do my SAS, SOA, not even just to lift it another 6-7"'s but just because it'll be that much stronger!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How do u like those 5000's so far L0N0?? They look pretty sharp haha. I'm ordering mine Wednesday and with 2 day shipping if I can afford it. My wisdom teeth are getting pulled the 8th, so I need it all done next weekend. After that I start school again too. So it's now or never! :(

I'll also be away from the forums for a bit (I'm assuming). I'll be going a mile a minute on campus trying to acclimate haha. But I'll be back :)

I have the 5000s, they are so much better then the stock shocks but I think just about anything is.

If i were to do a SOA, how the heck would i level out the front end!?

Instead of a solid axle, you could just waste a lot of money on a Superlift if you just want to level it out for looks and add bigger tires. But you'll soon throw away the Superlift and do a SAS anyway, so there's no point.

How do u like those 5000's so far L0N0??

I have the RS5000s and have enjoyed them. Some may consider them a little stiff. I think they help it ride more like a truck should.

rebel - thanks, i envy anyone with the knowhow, resources and cash to do a SAS. when you get around to it, make sure you document the hell out of that project!

scope - just took a 420 mile trip from the bay area up to the redwood forest toward the CA/OR border and im really enjoying the ride of these ranchos. they took about a hundred miles to level out, but after that, they make my ST drive so much better. i was driving up and down hills, and around bends and there was so much improvement in terms of limiting sway, and oversteering that ive always noticed in these sport tracs. like offtrac said, they DO really make your ride feel like a truck, i find them to be a little soft compared to other shocks that ive had however, but like offtrac said, they make you feel like you a in a truck. this was all road driving so far, ill be taking the new shocks off road hopefully this weekend after i get my aussie lockers dropped in. btw, i measured the stance of my ST before throwing the ranchos on, and after i put them on, i gained about 7/8 of an inch in height! sweet! every little bit counts i guess, so thats a sweet little bonus right there. the rear left shock was the only real pain to replace because the top bolts are hard to get to. just make sure you drop out the spare, and disconnect that square platform with the hoses and you will be able to get your hand in there to get those top bolts loose. PM if you need any help.

photo-1.jpg

Just to get this thread back on topic :) here are my shackles, just found on my doorstep! :D

doesnt look like my shocks will get here by sunday........ :\ so I'll have to wait another week

Back