• Register Today It's free!

need advice on 2001 lift

jcn1112

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 xlt
OK, heres the deal. Ive got a 2001 XLT and im tryin to put 4" on it. From reading the message board it seems like I should put a 2" BL and a 2" torsion twist with warrior shackles. Now, I need to know exactly what to do and how much it will cost. I have also read about AALs, and i dont know whether I need those and shackles or just one or the other. If I need one or the other, which one should I do? For the torsion twist I have 2 ?s. Do I need new torsion bars if mine are stock, and where do I get them. Also, will a BL actually look good, because I have seen them on pickups and they look terrible. These are probably stupid questions, but I want to make sure I get the right stuff so that it will perform well and look good. Thanks for the help.

it depends on how bad yer rear end is sagging. i would do the add-a-leaves first for the rear. it gives lift and it helped alot with the excess body roll i had. then jus crank yer torsion bars up... by tightening the bolt towards the rear of each torsion bar. make sense? if this is too vague do a search for torsion twists and u'll find what u need. i know how to do it but i'm not too good at explaining. and make sure u get a wheel alignment afterwards. and as for the body lift... as long as u raise yer bumpers up to compensate for the body lift it'll look plenty good but brackets need to be made cuz the kit doesn't have the right ones. if u don't like the gaps between the body and frame u can get guards that cover that up. or u could always buy the 4" suspension lift....

Just do a 3" bl & 2" suspension via tt/aal/shackles and you'll be satisfied for a few months with 33's, then you can start towards 35's like me with other mods. If you get 2" outa your torsion bars you should be fine, shouldn't need new ones, but if you decide to get them b is the strongest and run about 50 a pop new from ford parts network, welcome to the site ;) Bl does not look bad on x's IMHO, I know what your talking about I have seen them on trucks and they look like crap.

Back