• Register Today It's free!

new injector types

smegun

Reaction score
City, State
florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford explorer xlt
the standard looking injectors are mostly refurbs and I don't want refurbs but there are two main types now the newer skinny type and the upgraded type ….the newer type claims to be compatible ….both with warranty ….. has anyone used the newer skinny type ??? are they really even compatible ??? I assume im looking at needing something around 16 ohm and a similar spray pattern

the skinny ones are more current with newer innards ….. the upgraded ones look like the old cans probably are but have so called refinements some even say Bosche both say improved who' used any of these

Im deliberating on other repairs like reinforcing the shock mounts and newer steering gear and a rebuild for my abs pump something is bleeding black into my newer master …. any links for shock mount mods or spring mounts and such would be cool

injecttype1B.jpg

injecttype2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just rebuild the stock ones. Super easy and cheap.

I had (1) failing and rebuilt all in an afternoon. Just get the new gaskets before you tear everything apart.

injectors.PNG

i have the skinny ones from a 2000 4.0 in my 94 4.0 ohv.... it will run them, takes the ecu a min to figure it out, but the fuel trim is on the higher range in the ecu i think, as when the MAF is even slightly dirty it will throw rich/lean codes. the skinny ones are also high impedence. my motor also has 241k so it might also play a difference. but i been running them the last 10k miles

the lean codes got me right now 176 177

6X Fit 1987-95 JEEP 4.0L BOSCH TYPE III 220cc EV1 4 Hole UPGRADE FUEL INJECTOR | eBay

this sounds awesome bosche 22lb made for a 4.0 jeep 7 hole or 220 cc just a pinch but were having problems with 19lb newer plastic ev1 type already ????

like I disconnected my o2 sensors just to get around but if I pull the pill or maf or tcm it just gets worse has to be injectors or fuel pressure got new fuel pump swaped edis moduals and even pcms

Back