Noise in the interior back driver's side of a 2005 Explorer related to tire pressure? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Noise in the interior back driver's side of a 2005 Explorer related to tire pressure?

ALEX POLO

Reaction score
City, State
florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
explorer 2005
All started with a message "tire pressure sensor failure"

1 week later I hear this sound constantly, a noise as "clac, clac, clac" as constant as a working clock always at the same rythm.

does anybody know about something similar?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No I haven't. It started this morning.
What I'm sure about is that this noise comes from the inside part of the third row seat just above the wheel area.

By the way, it is great to have forums like this. Great job!!

1 week later I hear this sound constantly, a noise as "clac, clac, clac" as constant as a working clock always at the same rythm.

What does that mean 'constantly'? Does it do it when the truck is running but not moving? Do you have aux climate control unit back there? If so I'm thinking blend door or mode door actuator on the rear cc. Pull the rear cc fuse and see if it stops.

problem fixed

I found this over the internet and it was exactly what happened to my explorer also.

"I just fix mine. The problem is the plastic motors that control the blend doors on the rear air. They strip out and slip. Remove all the plastic from the left rear to expose the air unit. The only tool you will need for this is a #50 star socket to pull the lower seat belt bolt loose. Loosen the 3 bolts that hold the rear air in place (10mm)one you will need a deep well, and pull the the air unit forward from the front carefully and you will see the plastic motors. Should be white with wires pluging into the top of them. 3 8mm hold them in and they slid right out and you can replace them. It's easier to replace them both than trying to figure which one is bad. If one is broken, the other soon will be. Tell the dealer you need the rear air blend door motors. My parts #s were 1L2Z-19E616-BA 2L2Z-19E616-BA . I bought each motor wholesale for around $38 each. They retail for around $67. It's not a hard fix, about an hour. the hardest part is getting the seat belt bolt out."

Wam bam thank you mam!!!

I just posted about my tire pressure sensor issue... low and behold an immediate answer...clap,clap,clap, tick,tock,tick, tock.....I feel ya' now I know...Thank you!! BIGDOGWALKER

Oh....one more thing...

I'm getting a GAS CAP warning on the message center of my 2005 Explorer XLT along with a SES warning...I've had diagnostics done and it's deffinitely a bad cap... should I just get a replacement at the auto parts store or should I pay twice as much and go to the dealer?

Back