Question From a newbie to the site | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question From a newbie to the site

Adsman

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
I was looking at my explorer from the back and it seems to tilt to the left a little...I have been behind other explorers and have seen the same thing...anyone have any thoughts

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by ChuckyD
welcome
whats in ur trunk?

nothing totally empty..I thougt it might be becasue of a full gas tank but looked at it while sitting on E and it looked the same tilt to the left???

Do a search and you'll find probably 15 threads regarding this. It is very common on the '95 and up Explorers. My own personal experiences have shown (at least to me) the amount of gas in my tank has no affect on the tilt.

all the explorers tilt to the left... that is where there gas tanks are and driver.... it is standard spring sag....

Originally posted by jimabena74
all the explorers tilt to the left... that is where there gas tanks are and driver.... it is standard spring sag....

even when almost empty??

My brother just replaced his leaf springs on the drivers side because of the sag. He said it was because of the gas tank and overtime it causes a sag on the left side. That's just what I heard and it's no big deal. He went to a Ford junk yard and got leaf springs from the right rear and put them on the left rear so the sag would be gone, now it looks just fine from behind.

or just crank down your front right torsian bar adjuster bolt 1 or 2 roatations to compensate.

Back