Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Resetting CPU to stock on 2015 ExSport

Discussion in 'Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods' started by Lumpy315, February 5, 2019.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Lumpy315

Lumpy315 New Member

City, State:
      Woodbridge Virginia
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2015 Explorer Sport
      I tuned my Explorer Sport and everything was fine. I went to reset to stock and the unit that I used to make the changes quit working. The company replaced the defective unit but now I need to tune my Explorer to stock because of the programmer being brand new. How do I reset the computer without going to the dealership to do it. The tuner was Hypertech Max Energy2.0

Last edited: February 5, 2019
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Livernois

Livernois EF Vendor

City, State:
      Dearborn Heights, MI
      2013 Explorer Sport
      I take it the company did not save your stock file. We try to always have the stock file on backup just for this situation or if device gets stolen. But if they do not have it they should still have a stock file to put in. I would see if they have someone else's stock tune for you. Hopefully this helps you and if not let me know I will see if any other possibility for you.

4. Lumpy315

Lumpy315 New Member

City, State:
      Woodbridge Virginia
      2015 Explorer Sport
      Is there a way to reset my computer easily? I should have gone with your product but I was looking for gas mileage. I work for the US Govt. and commute about 60 miles a day and was looking for better mileage. I'll might try your tuner after reading the all the great reviews I've read.