Where are you buying your exhaust parts? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where are you buying your exhaust parts?

M1911A1

Reaction score
City, State
MICHIGAN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 explorer xlt
I have to replace my muffler, but thinking of going from the cat back. What brand of parts do you recommend and where to buy? I would like to keep it as close to original in terms of sound, but cost is a factor since this truck is beginning to rust bad, due to 12 years of Michigan winters. Any input greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just did my entire exhaust for around $120.00 for 03 explorer. I made my purchase at advance auto online and used local pickup. I picked up parts within 1 hour after order was placed. The key is to make 2 separate orders using the 40 off 100 spent. I ordered front axle seals along with all the exhaust parts and clamps totaling $200 plus local tax, saving 80.00. The parts manufacturer was Wagner and parts fit like a glove.

bizzs

I purchased for my 2G from Amazon, Walker parts (a local employer) and a killer mail in rebate.

I ordered the Gibson catback from jegs. Make sure it's in stock so you don't wonder when it will arrive, only to find out it was back ordered and they didn't let me know at the time of order.

Summit racing,but they are local to me.
They ship of course.
Greg

Thanks for all the input. I just ordered from RockAuto, 120.00 for the whole kit delivered, plus (30.00) rebate from Walker muffler.

..late to the game here, but..

I had one of my cats swazalled out by a thief a few months ago. Best price I could find (on short notice) for a magnaflow 51004 was Amazon.

+1 on the RockAuto. That's where I ordered mine from for this Explorer and my previous one. I needed everything from the mid-pipe back, and RockAuto had the full kit for a rather reasonable price. And it still arrived on my doorstep within the same week as placing the order.

Back