Where is the location of the one touch module on my 2000 Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where is the location of the one touch module on my 2000 Explorer?

lawman1989

Reaction score
City, State
Perry Hall MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
I have read many post about this so called One Touch Window Module. Seems I have a problem with one in my sons 2000 Explorer XLT. However I am not exactly sure where this thing is. I found an area full of modules under the dash close to the back of the stereo. I am thinking it is located in this area but I am not sure which relay it is. Can someone help and point it out? Where can I buy a new one. Drivers window will not go down/up was intermitent for awhile. I replaced the whole set of switches on door handle and that did not fix the problem. All other windows work and direcct power to the motor works, so that led me to this module but i can't find the bugger!!! I have a picture but don't know how to post it. I can send it to you via email.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The service manual cd shows it behind the center of the dash below the radio/ac panel.

part number

I pulled a plastic black cover off a set of relays, could this be it? Does it have a part number. The relay i was looking at says is labeled FOAB 14B192-AA. there are several others in this location labeled F57B 14B192-AA which are smaller.

illustration shows left side large relay is accessory delay.
Next to it are two relays. Top is interior lamp relay. Bottom is one touch relay.
Then 4 more relays. Top headlamp. bottom Park lamp. Top battery saver. Bottom is dimmer.

Perhaps someone can post a copy of the illustration.

I think that you will find that the numbers listed are the same relay... just different "year truck" number (57 <-> 0A)... if I understand the wonderful ford system. Anyways, the one touch relay only operates when the button is "quickly touched" for down operations... it doesn't get really involved for other operations ... although the contacts maybe broken.... swapping the relays might give you the quick answer. However, it is likely that your issue is a broken wire in the door post which is a common problem.

Of course, you can "easily" test the relay to see if it is functional with your "direct battery trick" and a multimeter.

Picture/broken wire

if someone has a photo, that would be real helpful. As to the chance of it being aa broken wire- I see the big rubber boot and I am affraid to cut it off. Assuming this is the right way to look at the wires. Should I cut it off? How do you put it back--with zip ties?

well "Doc", I wouldn't get to happy with the scalpel just yet. Once you determine which relay in the relay module (that's what the block is referred to), you can use a multimeter to determine if you have voltages on the correct pins. IF they aren't there, then you probably have a wiring issue. IF they are there, then you likely a fubarred relay.

With your key in "ON", you should be seeing voltage on the LB/BK wires in "most cases" (at least on pins 2,5,and 4).... note that ford "uses" the LB/BK wiring quite "liberally".

Back