Who would be interested in a roll pan? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who would be interested in a roll pan?

Silverblade

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
BC, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 SOHC
Being the young entreprenuer that I am, I am trying to look for ways to make a quick buck. Using what I am familiar with, I thought of the explorer. Simple supply and demand tells me that there is a demand for roll pans ( I think?..), and I deal with a metal supplier everyday through my work. So I talked to him about it today. I havent shown him the pic yet and am not sure what guage metal it is made from, clearly I still need to research all of that, but first step is guaging interest. If enough people chime in who are seriously interested in a roll pan, I am going to get one made for my truck and then duplicate 50 or so of them. The hard part is that 91-97 needs a bumper plate, and im assuming 98-01s would want it flush. This isnt a problem, I just need to see if it is worth it to make both, or either.
He couldnt give me a rough estimate because I didnt know what guage steel, but if enough people are interested in them I might as well make a buck off of it.
You can get them online right now for $199:
http://grantkustoms.com/catalog/images/roll9199fdexp.jpg

So clearly they would have to be cheaper than that, hopefully by a decent amount. I will know more monday once I show him the pic and give him details then we can start working numbers. As long as its worth it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i definitely want a rollpan. but i drive a 2001 explorer sport. 2 door (non trac). old bumper got bashed on the highway. like the looks of a rollpan much better anyway.

lemme know mayne! if you're still tryin to get somethin together. it's been a month since posted...

Looks like I'm a little late on this one as well, but I'd be interested in a '98+ pan that would match the contour of the rear hatch.

Rollpans are already available. 91-97 use the same rollpan. And the 98-01 4dr, and 98-03 Sport use one that is slightly more curved.

Both are available from CanDo Specialties

I have one on my Explorer. Great fit, great packing. Great company.

Ryan

Ryan,

I went to both CanDo's and Grant Kustomz websites, I only saw the 91-97's listed. Do they offer one with a curve for the 98+?

splat, yes.

If you call them, they can stretch the pan to match the curve of the 98+. Someone on here with a 98+ bought their Rollpan from CanDo.

Ryan

splat, yes.

If you call them, they can stretch the pan to match the curve of the 98+. Someone on here with a 98+ bought their Rollpan from CanDo.

Ryan

Very cool, thanks Ryan! I also left a reply for you on the wheel post regarding your brakes.....

I never went through with it because no one wanted them. I was going to sell them for about 120.

Anyone interested in buying my 01+ Sport (2-door) roll pan mold? I built the plug, pulled the mold and made one pan. I don't have access to the Fiberglass shop anymore, so I can't duplicate them. All you need is the know how and a place to lay FG. And make the mounting tabs. If anyone is interested PM me an offer.

Pics of the process here: http://stlouismtb.tripod.com/rollpan/rollpanpics.html

that first grant rollpan is on my explorer. i contracted them to make them because they are the best sheetmetal fabricators in the mini truck industry. the product is great. i am also an authorized distributor for grant kustoms now so i also sell to other dealers. oh and by the way i can beat grants retail prices.............. there not listed on my site but heres the link www.illusivefabrications.com

I am very interested in this problem, thanks

slammedxonair, how much can you get me a rollpan for, 1997 explorer, shipped?

Back