Finally, my mounty is high | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally, my mounty is high

well heres my truck. I finally managed to get the body lift and shackles installed thanks to bigorange440. I still need to do my torsion bar twist...i pick up the bolt from fastenol tomorrow and i get my aal's installed on saturday at everythingtech's house(chris). With the added 1.5" in the rear and 2" of tt in the front i really wish i had saved more money and bought 35" tires as the 33" tires look small. The pictures dont do this thing justice. The night i got the bl installed i fell out of the truck cuz i forgot i had everything installed. Well tell me what you guys think. oh yeah, i have 15x10 eagle alloys to be mounted this saturday as well so the tires will stick out from the fenders :D

Attachments

• Mounty post lift. 024.jpg
    Mounty post lift. 024.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 969
  • Mounty post lift. 026.jpg
    Mounty post lift. 026.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,114
  • Mounty post lift. 030.jpg
    Mounty post lift. 030.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 992
  • Mounty post lift. 029.jpg
    Mounty post lift. 029.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 6,585

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

man your gonna liek 33s better b/c you can get more flex, i like it, mine looks lower, but i havent done a torsion twist or my aal, cant wait for this weekend man, later
chris

Dude, you need to fix your exhaust now, looks kinda silly. :D

Looks great otherwise.

snocross1985 said:
Dude, you need to fix your exhaust now, looks kinda silly. :D

Looks great otherwise.
yeah that and the bumpers

Don't forget to make gap guards. There is a link in my signature to my useful threads and in there you'll find a how to on how to make gap guards. The mounty looks good though.

-Drew

exhaust and bumpers and you will be golden!

i'm weird i like it on the stock wheels..lol oh well

i know it will look sick both ways.

ExplorerDMB said:
Don't forget to make gap guards. There is a link in my signature to my useful threads and in there you'll find a how to on how to make gap guards. The mounty looks good though.

-Drew

i know, i read your thread on the gap guards religiously. I will be fixing the exhaust when im at chris's house on sat. When i had the mechanic make my exhaust i told him i wanted it to be hieght adjustable. Front bumpers though is my real problem now. I have no idea how to deal with that. The rears are welded on. And ya i know....the stock rims look bad ass with this...maybe its the darker spokes but in real life it looks mean.

Attachments

• yjby0xzaTpIIuelev9lChz45USM9D-N+0300.jpg
    yjby0xzaTpIIuelev9lChz45USM9D-N+0300.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 1,367

are yo gonna take your bumper off when we go to rieter pit this sunday?

i got a pic of my front bumper brackets somwhere if you want? all you need is some steel plate and a drill and alittle time.

ya i'd like that.

Ya i like the look of the stock wheels, too bad stock wheels are only 7 inches wide, and your dual exhaust looks cool in general, but it does need to be raised, I didnt have a problem raising my front bumper(it went right back on), but im leaving my back bumper where it is, at the height it is at right now i can still tow things, also when i do my SAS ill prob take the BL back off and that would be more effort to go back to stock bumper brackets

yeah my bumpers are coming off tomorrow. thank god i have an early day at work, i still have to do my aal, shocks, front driveshaft (finally got the right parts), and wire up the cb

why did you take of your front driveshaft?

along time ago, the u joint seized up, and it just got around to getting it, then they didnt give me the screw, then didnt give me the ujoint brackets, then the u joint was missing the cylinder like piece that goes on each end of your ujoint. yeah lots of fun. but today i will have most of it done, thank god. i have procrastinated but i have an early day at work, and my good buddy jason is coming over to help. i really want to get that cb done, but i still need a piece that goes from the wire to the cb, a coax connector. just a bunch of lil things now. oh not to mention i am hearing a loud screaching sound like theres a rock in my brakes or something. that one kinda scares me b/c i dont want that to be a wheel bearing or something. anyways, cant wait for the huge ass party tomorrow and wheelin on sunday.

Nice truck, 35's would kill your driveability without re-gearing. 33's are bad enough.

Any plans to re-gear?

Now just finish up the details and you will be in great shape!
Re-locate ht efront bumper, get your front driveshaft fixed, move the exhaust, new wheels, BAM!

i dont think ou exhausts will get done today, maybe though? i might try to find a shop that can relocate it, i am just going to do a turn down, i dont know about 97 V8. anyways, im out, i will be on later

ya my front gears came in, monday my rears will come in. They are 4.10's. We'll see how the 33's do this weekend. As for exhaust i may cut my tips off and make a turndown behind the bumpers.

***Does anyone know with the shackles and a aal if my break lines will be stretched to the point of breaking?

i have double AAL and shackles and i havent had any problems with my brake lines, but i could just be stupid and lucky :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back