Manual t-case - got questions.

Dre

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 FPIU
I'm about to install a manual t-case in my Un-Limited but I'm missing a couple of things... first off - I don't have the original floor panel for the manual t-case... regular block-off panel would do although I need to know where to cut an opening for the shifter so it works... anyone can help me here?

also I'm missing a part that is attached to the t-case that connetcs to the shifter... that little gizmo is missing on my t-case. If anyone has access to the shifter or the part - I might just need dimensions so I can duplicate...

any help would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

(you probably already know this but just in case - for future readers)

Measure where to cut the panel:

1) Remove the panel from the tranmission tunnel.

2) Install the transfer case.

3) Trace the panel to a cardboard and cut the shape out of the cardboard.

4) Use the cardboard to make the pattern for the hole for the shifter.

5) Transfer the pattern of the shifter hole to the panel and cut this pattern out of the panel.

:D

that would work... although I will try locating an original first... thanks - will try.

Of course .. I dont practice what I preach (not many Senators do). I would just leave it there, take a nap, and hopefully when you wake up the hole has been cut :D.

well, it's not that I don't like to try and do things my own way... it would save me some $...

I'm most concerned with the part that is missing off the t-case itself. I would not be able to duplicate the part if I don't see it, measure it, touch it... ;)

These are the best pics I have of a manual shifter.

IMGP1123-vi.jpg

IMGP1124-vi.jpg

IMGP1125-vi.jpg

Some things may look odd in the pics since the pics have my 700R4 in them.

Thanks a bunch! I've got the whole thing - t-case and shifter but still - got a missing link...
IMGP1125.jpg

the bar that comes out of the tcase, or the plastic bushing that connects the bar to the shifter linkage?

i didnt knotice a way to get the bar off the t-case...

the bar that comes out of the tcase, or the plastic bushing that connects the bar to the shifter linkage?

i didnt knotice a way to get the bar off the t-case...

I've got the plastic bushing... need the bar. I might have to craft something and play with it till I get it right.... :rolleyes:

I have a backup 1354 in the garage and went to look hoping it would have that part, but unfortunately it didnt :(. But as I remember, it is I think a 1/2" (maybe?) hole with two flat spots. So maybe drill a half inch hole through a 1/4 run stock and just weld the darn thing on. I mean what are the chances you're going to remove that part anyways. Dont take my word that its a 1/2" hole tho -- I have a vague recollection that the nut that keeps that part on is 1/4" fine thread so it might be smaller than 1/2"

I'll be able to play with it once the t-case is in and I drop the truck back to stock height. I'm still waiting for body/frame bushings and new bolts. Should be fairly easy to replicate that part... only if I had one in my hand it would make things a lot easier. Thanks for the feedback...

Just checked my spare case. It doesnt have one either:

attachment.php

Back