did alot..removed roof racks, custom intake, clean TB, shaved TB spacer...pics | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

did alot..removed roof racks, custom intake, clean TB, shaved TB spacer...pics

ghoster

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island , NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Well i had some free time and decided to do some cleaning,fixing, and modding
Let know what you think

First off i removed the roof racks. I was going to do a how to..but its really soo easy its not worth doing it. If you need help PM me and i'll be glad to help you
P1310074-1.jpg

P1310080-1.jpg

Then i got an intake pipe to make my custom intake since i have a 04 V6. I didn't get chance to finish it but it will be done soon w/ a K&N filter. I just need to make an adapter for the MAF sensor.
P1310103.jpg

Having the stock intake out..i saw how dirty the TB was so decided to clean it..while removing it i remembered what a fellow member (his sn starts w/ EB...) said about the fins on the spacer, so i decided to remove them.
I suggest doing it..you do notice a slight improvement in acceleration

Before
P1310084.jpg

P1310086.jpg

After
P1310093.jpg

P1310095.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice and clean truck....good job :thumbsup:

thanks bro!..we gotta meet up when the spring comes around..i want to see your headlights..i mean your truck lol

thanks for the comments!

What kind/size pipe is that for your intake? I have a KKM which has the filter and MAF adaptor... that pipe would add up nice...

where there not extra vacuum lines, etc that you removed?
I do not know the exact size of the pipe but i'll measure it and let you know.
I was going to get the KKM MAF adapter but IMO its alittle overpirced

just can't wait to finish my custom adaptor and put the K&N filter :D

EDIT- no theres only one vacuum line

looks great without the rack its more noticeable on a red truck then my black one very nice

nice job... i did the TB mod too and its made it a bit louder with the extra airflow... not too shabby... ur truck is pretty damn clean

thanks for the comments!

I do not know the exact size of the pipe but i'll measure it and let you know.
I was going to get the KKM MAF adapter but IMO its alittle overpirced

just can't wait to finish my custom adaptor and put the K&N filter :D

Spectreperformance.com Where I got all the stuff for my intake....
100_0723.jpg

Good shot of the adaptor....
100_0673.jpg

Spectre has great parts for all sorts of applications, check their site out. Another benefit is most of their products are available at local parts stores (pepboys, autozone etc.)

Good luck man.

Kyle

Hey what did you clean the TB with? I was worried about residue being left over with commercial products. And as for the fins...well..i guess I'll just search for now, sick car man. SOO clean...

lookin sick ghoster.

looks awesome ghoster keep up good work

you can buy the adapter at pepboys for the 04's. i have an 04 v8 and got mine from pep boys for about $30. if someone needs the part#, ask and i will get it. worked perfect.

you can buy the adapter at pepboys for the 04's. i have an 04 v8 and got mine from pep boys for about $30. if someone needs the part#, ask and i will get it. worked perfect.

A part number would be great........please

here ya go. spectre performance#9405. had to order it factory direct. took almost two weeks but was worth it.:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ghoster, Do you still have your roof rack laying around?

Could I buy the roof rack cross rails from you? They are the bars that extend across the roof from the driver's side to the passenger's side. They also adjust forward and backward.

Here is a picture of them:
2d4a_1.jpg

I also don't need the brackets, just the 2 bars.

If you are interested please shoot me a pm!

btw very nice explorer! I like the work you have done.

-Thanks.

Back