• Register Today It's free!

tb spacer install?

ExporeRanger

Reaction score
City, State
Highland, Md
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
i know that a tb spacer should come with some whine..but im gettin a very noticeable and annoying whistle/whine..obviously coming from the tb.. i installed a motorvation tb spacer which supplied me with one gasket..and when i disconnected the tb from the intake manifold..i was surprised to find no gasket..so i installed the gasket between the tb spacer and the intake manifold, then the tb directly to the spacer..no im left with an annoying whine..what should i do? the directions were unclear as to wear to put the gasket..should i switch it around to inbetween the spacer and the tb? silicone?

thanks for the help
-chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my 05' explorer is completely stock and i have a whistle during "moderate" acceleration ... go figure :rolleyes:

it's a whistle not a whine,the gasket is in the right place and it's pretty much a defining sound unles you uninstall.you'll get use to it,anyonee who installs a tb spacer get's the same results.but the gain is worth it in my mind.

ive been looking for a tb spacer for my 2.9 and still avent found one.

is there any noticeable gain from this mod?

...this has been discussed OVER AND OVER again....

This mod adds VERY LITTLE volume to the intake, and the gains given by this mod are so small that even a dyno wouldn't be able to pick up the difference.

Ryan

i dont really get on it without gears yet..we'll see when i get the gears, and some other mods..its part of a list of things that should get me over my current 10mpg...hoepfully..and some merging power..

Back