Borla Headers and test pipe. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Borla Headers and test pipe.

DynoBaseline001-1.jpg

damn pritty light on here cant really see the RPMs. oh well.
The blue line is the TQ, Red is HP, Green is air fuel ratio, and purple is vaccume.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DAMN THAT A/F sinks fast! i dont think thats normal.

you sure about those colors? th vacuum should change

how much did the dyno cost you? i want to have it done.

DAMN THAT A/F sinks fast! i dont think thats normal.

you sure about those colors? th vacuum should change

how much did the dyno cost you? i want to have it done.

if i am reading it right it looks like it stays around 10.0:1 which is a little on the rich side for a naturally aspirated vehicle

it sinks so fast because thats where the guy is rolling into the throttle at

When do you plan on getting it dynoed again I want to see the what kinda power increase you get from the headers:thumbsup:

it sinks down to 12.6 and that is normal and when it was idleing it was at 14.6 which is right whare it should be. the dyno opperator said the auto makers do that to the fuel to prevent pinging which can destroy an engine. i am getting it re-dynoed tomorrow morning at 9:30 and sence i attend that college it was free. I may also get it dyno tuned tomorrow for free also.

I got it dynoed! I gaind 5HP and 4Ft/lbs. Not The gain i was hoping for but it is a gain. The gains in sound make it worth it. I can tell that the gas mileage has gone up as well.

When we pulled for the baseline it was from 2800-4500RPM and when we did it with the headers it was 2100-4700.
DynoAfterHeaders001.jpg

I agree, thats not that much of a gain.

But why did you make the pull in second gear????

Lets just say i am glad i didn't pay full price.

I agree, thats not that much of a gain.

But why did you make the pull in second gear????

maybe it kept kicking down into second when they were in third? so they just pulled in second

maybe it kept kicking down into second when they were in third? so they just pulled in second

Yes and i also hit the speed limiter in 3rd so i couldent go up to 4700RPM. in 3rd it actually made one more horsepower then in 2nd

Yes and i also hit the speed limiter in 3rd so i couldent go up to 4700RPM. in 3rd it actually made one more horsepower then in 2nd

explorers have speed limiters? wheres it at ~110?

the fastest i could go on the dyno was 98. but if you let off the gas to let it shift into overdrive then get back on it, it will keep on going.

Back