Snow Sport Plow

guym

Reaction score
City, State
Pinckney, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 - Explorer XLT
Merry Christmas,

Thinking about a snow plow for 2003 4dr Explorer XLT. Has anyone used the "Snow Sport" plow???

Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome guym

Cant comment on SnowSport, but my Dad has had a Snoway on his explorers for about 10 years. He had it on a 91 4x4 first, and now his 96 Control Trac

Its very light weight, and doesn't require extra lighting
The bracket on the 96 did require he remove the plastic part below the bumper.

He is thinking on getting a new one now
looking for a 03-04 Sport Trac, and a new Snoway with down pressure

Here's a couple pics I found with a quick search.
IMG_4530.jpg

IMG_4529.jpg

Couldn't comment on that my dad had bought a "snowbear" plow for his 2000XLT and it works good the mounting frame required him to remove the vallance from the bumper it connects with 2 pins for quick removal. And as for moving it up and down you can connect the electric harness under the hood and route it under the bumper it has male/female connecters so all you have to do is plug it in when your ready to use the plow and run the controller in the cab. EDIT: That plow also came with lights but I believe when ordering it, it's an option.

Many Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys. I really appreciate it. But, it looks like it will have to wait until after Christmas. I checked the price for one of the light weight units $1450.00 plus shipping. So, the snow will have to stay in the drive a little longer.

Merry Christmas!!

Thanks for the replies guys. I really appreciate it. But, it looks like it will have to wait until after Christmas. I checked the price for one of the light weight units $1450.00 plus shipping. So, the snow will have to stay in the drive a little longer.

Merry Christmas!!

Good luck. Merry Christmas.

I have a snowsport HD on my explorer right now. I got it at a steal. A semi-local guy wanted to get rid of it in the spring so i paid $175:D

It is great for my long driveway, but I have actually only used it once ha.

You can go here for some pictures

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214650

Back