• Register Today It's free!

Can't Wait!

Justawajz

Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, Md
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Mountaineer
As soon as the weather warms up in a few weeks it all goes on! It better warm up fast! Who wants to help me put it on? haha
P3170001.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Whoa!!! I thought you were gone man. Which kit is this?? No more torsion bars?

its been warm here in the bay but i am leaving the bay area tommorrow i am coming back home to so cali. So cali here i come tommorrow. I am leaving the bay area tommorrow at 2:30pm so i should arrive to so cali tommorrow like 10:30 or 11pm.

Haha, nahh I'm still here. I actually have the trailmaster kit, but I'm not using the shocks or half the brackets. Plus I got a Very good deal so I couldn't turn it down. Will be pulling the axels to get them re-geared with 4.56's. Just need a few nice days and we'll see how it all goes!

Whoa!!! I thought you were gone man. Which kit is this?? No more torsion bars?

Must be nice on the west coast!. It's in the low 40's right now over here in MD. So it'll be a little bit before I tackle everything.

its been warm here in the bay but i am leaving the bay area tommorrow i am coming back home to so cali. So cali here i come tommorrow. I am leaving the bay area tommorrow at 2:30pm so i should arrive to so cali tommorrow like 10:30 or 11pm.

Looks like a nice project...4.56 gears with that v8 will be awesome.

Are you going to stop and eat at a Subway on your way back?

Yeah, been buyin everything piece by piece. Should be even better once I get it all on there. Actually put the rear shocks on today, they ride very nice. Pain to mount them though.

those are some nice parts you got there!

Must be nice on the west coast!. It's in the low 40's right now over here in MD. So it'll be a little bit before I tackle everything.

I really hate to say this, but it's going to be in the low 90's here today. Much more of this and we'll be in the pool in a couple of weeks!

Wow, I could toatly deal with that kinda weather. I"m not goning to see temps like that until June or July. haha

I really hate to say this, but it's going to be in the low 90's here today. Much more of this and we'll be in the pool in a couple of weeks!

well, I have all the trailmaster drop brackets new in box. got them for $100.00. coudn't turn it down, i was reading on here a while back somone had some issuses with the brackets for the steering with the trailmaster kit. new spindles would be cake to put in verse messing with all the stuff i have from the trailmaster kit. the superlift spindles are like $600 everywhere sooo.. we'll see

So, are you using a trailmaster kit with superlift knuckles?

well, I have all the trailmaster drop brackets new in box. got them for $100.00. coudn't turn it down, i was reading on here a while back somone had some issuses with the brackets for the steering with the trailmaster kit. new spindles would be cake to put in verse messing with all the stuff i have from the trailmaster kit. the superlift spindles are like $600 everywhere sooo.. we'll see

Dood--
do not use the trailmaster steering stuff-pleeeeese.

I'll get pictures of what I remove-it will scare the poo outta you.

Heads up, that kit has been discontinued for this reason.

I have only had one company tell me in so many words, I was "fawked" and this was the one.

I have to say I think the Trailmaster way of angling the front diff is better-a hybrid of the 2 kits using superlift knuckles would be awesome

yeah, i might have to suck it up and buy some from summit. It just looks weird the way the whole setup is. i saw soming about having to run a rod through the front crossmember and possible have to have and cut to get it to fit, and you have to mount all new fittings on the rack.. yeah, that stuff i get just a little sketchy about. and all those brackets i would think would put more strain or the rack and pinon steering i would think?? i'll prob take your advice and start pricing out the knuckles.

Dood--
do not use the trailmaster steering stuff-pleeeeese.

I'll get pictures of what I remove-it will scare the poo outta you.

Heads up, that kit has been discontinued for this reason.

I have only had one company tell me in so many words, I was "fawked" and this was the one.

I have to say I think the Trailmaster way of angling the front diff is better-a hybrid of the 2 kits using superlift knuckles would be awesome

P3260002.jpg

Yeah... So now I'm officially poor!! haha. Got talked into it thanks to jtsmith. But it should be interesting to see how everything turns out since I'll be using the trailmaster drop brackets. I'll keep everyone posted! Anyone else done this with the trailmaster kit? That is if anyone is even running one anymore.. haha

Yeah, I was looking at all that stuff the other day, just seems too complex for what it does.. Dunno why trailmaster didn't just do there own version of superlifts knuckles. Im thinking this should simplify the install somwhat, give me more time to worry about getting those coilovers in. I'm trying to find a good easy way to mount them seeing as the bolt sizes for the co and the mounts are toataly different. scratching my head...

This picture is a pile of parts which can be eliminated with superlift knuckles. You did the right thing.

steeringparts.jpg

Back