Picked up a '08 LTD, starting minor mods. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Picked up a '08 LTD, starting minor mods.

Jon04CTSV

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 CTS-V, 2008 X LTD V8
Well I might as well make this an intro thread as well.

I recently picked up a '08 LTD, V8 AWD, fully loaded minus the nav (couldn't find one with one.) It's Stone Green, which is taking time to grow on me. Lots of very very cool features, many I don't need though, lol. For example, the rear DVD entertainment system. I'm 23, don't have kids, never will. :D But I guess it's cool to have in the car.

It's actually my new daily driver, so mods will be very minor. I started off with an exhaust pipe (from http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-0...ryZ33633QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) . It looks very nice, much better than the factory pipe. Great thing was that it was easy to install. Bolted on in a minute without any welding. I originally considered a Magnaflow, but reality kicked in and I decided I don't need 2 loud cars. My weekend toy has B&B (Billy Boat) long tube headers, high flow cats, x-pipe and mufflers. Should probably keep the Explorer quiet for daily driving. :)

I'm also looking to tint the driver and passenger side windows. I want to get the colour similar to the rears, but lighter. Any suggestions?

Lastly, my other car and previous daily driver has 4 HIDs, so I'll be doing the same with the Explorer.

Anyway, on to the pics!

IMG_3552a.jpg

IMG_3540a.jpg

IMG_3554a.jpg

IMG_3558a.jpg

IMG_3541a.jpg

And just a couple pics of my baby. My '04 Caddy CTS-V with a buncha goodies :D Never sees rain or snow, which is why I need the Explorer.

img_1978_std.jpg

img_2222_std.jpg

And lastly, this is what the Explorer is replacing. My '96 Ford Windstar. Parents bought it new back in '96, I basically grew up with this car. Really really sad to see it go; I love it. But everytime I feel down I just look at the Explorer :)

img_3240a_std.jpg

Look forward to chatting with you guys on the forum!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome and nice x and caddy u got there hey did ur windstar have hids in it

and how does the x sound with the exhaust

welcome and nice x and caddy u got there hey did ur windstar have hids in it

and how does the x sound with the exhaust
Thanks for the welcome! Yes, my Windstar had 6000k HIDs in the low beams and the fog lights.

The exhaust is just a tip/pipe. It slides over the factory pipe and doesn't change the sound.

Tinted!

IMG_3565.jpg

I never did like the 4th gens too much, but y I love your wheels.... i wants to be lowered and have installed eibach sway bars... this is what I got for my truck.... not sure if it will fit a 4th gen, but it works great on mine...

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?&make=Eibach&model=Anti-Roll+Kit&group=Anti-Roll+Kit&autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Explorer+XLS+2wd&autoYear=2004&autoModClar=&partNum=3595.320&perfCode=S

also, the price was great.

also would suggest grill, exhaust, air intake, programmer...

looks good so far jon

u plan on doing any other mods to it and do u got aim or yahoo messanger

Thanks guys. Not really looking to do any other mods besides the HIDs. Like I said, it's my daily driver. My money really goes into my other car. :D

jon do u got aim or yahoo

I'm Jon04CTSV on yahoo, but I log in once a year.

ok jon i friend requested u i got both yahoo and aim.

I do love the rims on that limited.

What tint did you do?

I do love the rims on that limited.

What tint did you do?
35% on the driver and passenger window. It's a little lighter than the back. The colour matches perfectly though.

those rims are bad as **** !!!!!!!!

i want them so bad !!!!!!!!!!!! theres a complete blacked out X that i see in one of the airport parking lots near my house every few weeks...

its sick everything is black, but those sexy ass rims !!!! are they the same botl pattern as the 3rd gens ?????? also are they 18's or 19's ???

i would buy those in a heart beat, and throw some thin terra grapplers on those !!!

They are 20" and yes they are the same bolt pattern. they were an option on 08s.

NICE! :thumbsup:

wow man im jealous of your explorer :D its nice man even your van is

Hey Jon I have an 08 LTD as well. So far I did a KKN intake, Magnaflow exhaust, SCT performance tune, and a Waag grill guard. Your rims are next on my list, and I have found one place that sells them for $239 each to all the other oglers out there.

Hey Jon I have an 08 LTD as well. So far I did a KKN intake, Magnaflow exhaust, SCT performance tune, and a Waag grill guard. Your rims are next on my list, and I have found one place that sells them for $239 each to all the other oglers out there.

You'll love those wheels. Where are you getting them from if you don't mind me asking? I'm not sure what I'll use for the winter yet. I may use the 18" Mustang Bullitts that were on my Windstar, or maybe another set of 20s.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back